sani2c

Balooba

Thank you kindly. Worried if I entered the "race" I would be left behind :eek:

I want to do it on my Momsen hard tail...... that will probably give me the incentive to buy a duel susp.

Here you go, get a refund for Sani2c entry when you buy a Cannondale.

Its a pleasure

https://www.bikehub.co.za/features/_/articles/sponsored/get-a-refund-on-your-kap-sani2c-entry-with-cannondale-r7245?utm_source=bikehub.co.za&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=sani2ccannondale

Edited by Escapee..

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the reduction on the entry price which the OP speaks of?

Edited by Wet Ears

What is the reduction on the entry price which the OP speaks of?

In classifieds, guys selling cheap cheap

In classifieds, guys selling cheap cheap

There is one for R7400 and with substitute registration of R300/person = bargain.... :ph34r:  or daylight robbery....

Thank you kindly.

Reason I am looking for a cheap S2S entry is I am on a wee little budget. So your link (although thoughtful) are way out of my league.

I will pad my pants like when I was called to the principals office and hope for the best on my hard tail

There is one for R7400 and with substitute registration of R300/person = bargain.... :ph34r:  or daylight robbery....

Apart from the Jaeger bombs versus water, also consider accommodation the night before the start of the event, and the days of the week coupled with your leave availability.

Trail = Mon (travel there) + (Tues + Wed + Thurs) + Thurs night / Fri day (travel back). 

Adventure = Tues + (Wed + Thurs + Fri ) + Fri night / Sat day

Race = Wed + (Thurs + Fri + Sat) + Sat night / Sun day

:oops: PS: I have an Adventure entry for sale, together with a room at a guest house on the Tues night in Underberg. I'm negotiable ...  :whistling:  

Bargain provided the R7400 is for a team entry!

Any idea if Berg and Bush is similar in that entries go for big discount prior to race or is the race so popular that price doesn't drop too much.

Paid full entry fee for Sani, need to try and save some loot on Berg and Bush!

Bargain provided the R7400 is for a team entry!

Indeed. Half price if for a team. Full price if for one team member.

Wow, Race and Trail entries still open...

Remember the first year I did it in 2013 they opened up the Trail for the first time, basically filling all the entries from the waiting list from the other 2.

The bubble has burst!

Same target market now under a bit of financial pressure given the state of the economy.

Above inflation entry fee increase.

I've done it before, and there are other events.

The bubble has burst!

Same target market now under a bit of financial pressure given the state of the economy.

Above inflation entry fee increase.

I've done it before, and there are other events.

True, as great as the Sani is - at some point trying out race x (which is probably cheaper especially for us here in the Cape) will be more appealing than doing your 5th/6th/7th Sani2C, even if that race is not quite on the same level.

Is the number of entries available currently in the classifieds normal ? or has it always been like this in the past editions.

Is the number of entries available currently in the classifieds normal ? or has it always been like this in the past editions.

Not at all...sign of the times... the fact that there are still entries avail on the website is a clear indication that the train has slowed..

Would not be surprised if the events are reduced for next year back to 2 or even back to 1. 

Not at all...sign of the times... the fact that there are still entries avail on the website is a clear indication that the train has slowed..

Would not be surprised if the events are reduced for next year back to 2 or even back to 1.

Yup... People used to do it year after year for fear of loosing their entry. When we got a trail entry it was the first year and the only way we got into the sani2c mix. As soon as it was announced we entered and the trail was booked up in hours. This year I heard that spots for all races were available months after entry open date

Interesting that 2 of the 3 Wines2Whales events have sold out.... (despite the stupid name changes  :P )

So on the face of it W2W has now surpassed S2C as the premium 3-day event in SA?