Marvel Pro 900 Lumen Light - good or bad?

duanelr

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some quick feedback on that little 161 lumens headlamp from extreme lights:

that tiny little headlamp is very bright, wow. Can only imagine how bright a 900 or 2000 lumens unit might be. rode with only the little headlamp at night on sunday, and I honestly don't think one would need more than this for night riding?

the centre has a focused hotspot and around the centre the light makes a huge circle so obstacles on the side of the trail are also visible. it almost fills your whole peripheral vision.

did some technical riding with the unit and although I'm still hesitant to go as fast as i would during the day, there was plenty of light. (don't know if it's just me but the light from a headlamp makes the grass and gravel look all weird and flat. my eyes struggle to comprehend the surface - think i just need to get used to it).

I had the unit mounted on my helmet. as mentioned by someone earlier in this discussion, I'm thinking of getting another light (maybe the same little headlamp) to mount on the bars. looking around is great, and the light follows, but when you focus back on the trail my eyes takes a second to adjust to the light where there was darkness a second ago. I'm thinking if i had light from the bars the moment you look back in front of you there is already light so your eyes won't have to re adjust. 

all in all there was enough light, and with 30h battery life, i think this little headlamp is fantastic.

Just some quick feedback on that little 161 lumens headlamp from extreme lights:

that tiny little headlamp is very bright, wow. Can only imagine how bright a 900 or 2000 lumens unit might be. rode with only the little headlamp at night on sunday, and I honestly don't think one would need more than this for night riding?

the centre has a focused hotspot and around the centre the light makes a huge circle so obstacles on the side of the trail are also visible. it almost fills your whole peripheral vision.

did some technical riding with the unit and although I'm still hesitant to go as fast as i would during the day, there was plenty of light. (don't know if it's just me but the light from a headlamp makes the grass and gravel look all weird and flat. my eyes struggle to comprehend the surface - think i just need to get used to it).

I had the unit mounted on my helmet. as mentioned by someone earlier in this discussion, I'm thinking of getting another light (maybe the same little headlamp) to mount on the bars. looking around is great, and the light follows, but when you focus back on the trail my eyes takes a second to adjust to the light where there was darkness a second ago. I'm thinking if i had light from the bars the moment you look back in front of you there is already light so your eyes won't have to re adjust. 

all in all there was enough light, and with 30h battery life, i think this little headlamp is fantastic.

nice. and to think it has only AAA batteries.