E-Bike Four Cross XC Short Course Eliminator Series

I had an idea while riding...

The heading should give you enough details on the racing format, but here is the kicker, the bikes are equipped with power-ups! 

BOOST (one charge per lap)

Doubles the pedal assisted power to 500 watts for 10 seconds - Lights on bib start flashing, sweet racing car sounds (will get to this now now)

MAX (one charge per race)

Removes the top speed limit of the pedal assistance for 5 seconds - Woosh sound

EMP (one charge per race)

Disables all e-bike motors in a 1m radius around you for 5 seconds - All riders disabled will lose their bib lights, WAAAP WAAP

There will be 4 coloured bibs for the riders to wear, these will have LEDs on them so the spectators know what power-ups have been used. Spectators can download an app so we can see who has what left up their sleeves in real time. The sound effects will be on the bikes themselves just to add some gaud. The course will be very short for the spectator value and the fact that it is an eliminator series.

POWER MAT

Special areas that could be attained via a holeshot or technical line. Riding over this will add an extra random power-up charge to your arsenal. You have no way of knowing what you get!

I think this format will be best way to race e-bikes competitively. Utilising the electronics for tactics while still requiring fit and capable riders. Great for spectators and the strategically minded race snake. 

I'm very excited for it! What else could be added or changed? This is the future!

I like the idea of Xc races with e-bikes , super fast and takes some moose power to handle the bike everywhere.

your idea seems very cool but super complicated tho 

I had an idea while riding...

The heading should give you enough details on the racing format, but here is the kicker, the bikes are equipped with power-ups! 

BOOST (one charge per lap)

Doubles the pedal assisted power to 500 watts for 10 seconds - Lights on bib start flashing, sweet racing car sounds (will get to this now now)

MAX (one charge per race)

Removes the top speed limit of the pedal assistance for 5 seconds - Woosh sound

EMP (one charge per race)

Disables all e-bike motors in a 1m radius around you for 5 seconds - All riders disabled will lose their bib lights, WAAAP WAAP

There will be 4 coloured bibs for the riders to wear, these will have LEDs on them so the spectators know what power-ups have been used. Spectators can download an app so we can see who has what left up their sleeves in real time. The sound effects will be on the bikes themselves just to add some gaud. The course will be very short for the spectator value and the fact that it is an eliminator series.

POWER MAT

Special areas that could be attained via a holeshot or technical line. Riding over this will add an extra random power-up charge to your arsenal. You have no way of knowing what you get!

I think this format will be best way to race e-bikes competitively. Utilising the electronics for tactics while still requiring fit and capable riders. Great for spectators and the strategically minded race snake. 

I'm very excited for it! What else could be added or changed? This is the future!

Dude you forgot the comic sans...

Does sound fun though and like it has potential to rival Mario Kart Racing  :devil:

Dude you forgot the comic sans...

Does sound fun though and like it has potential to rival Mario Kart Racing  :devil:

I'm 100% not joking! It blurs the line between an e-sport and a traditional sport. I can only see Red Bull or Specialized doing such an event but it will be a great boost for E-bikes. How much fun would it be! 4X racing is also such a great concept as it is. I would love to see it back.