[Event] The Durbie Dash

Ernst Viljoen

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grrrrr...

Got home late last night, wanted to enter the MTB event - Racetec website says entries close 01:00am on 19 October 2018 (see attached).

So I (try to) enter.  

Then message says 'entries for this event is now closed'.  

Emailed Racetec, who just shrugs and says entries closed at 11:00pm on 18 October 2018.  

Really don't feel like paying (already pricey) entry fee, AND CSA day license (??) AND late entry fee, to partake in an event which uses trails I can ride any other day... #justsaying.

have you seen what the late fee is flippen nuts usually it's about 20 or 30 bucks more which is fine but the 60km is R260 and late fee is R390!?! Come on where did they suck that price from.

Me and my riding buddy usually enter a race on the day because we always decide on point 99 to do something or only find out of it like a day or so before but with a late fee like that I will rather go and play at the Dirtopia fun day on Sunday.

I actually prefer a bit of breeze, else there is too much dust, these trails are rather dry this time of year. But not like the hurricane that was the 2013 Tour de PPA. Nooit weer!

well your in luck there is enough wind blowing at the moment with only hour and a half to go hopefully for you guys it dies down a bit.

Wow!! those cross winds were something else... Hope one tonner has less wind

Didn’t enter but rode part of the route on the way to meeting my wife in Malmesbury. Yoh those winds were bad. When I saw the t-junction approaching I thought after my left turn things would get better. Wind just tuned ja right [emoji100]

Funniest thing today though, was a red team being repeatedly told by support car the distance to the break, while they sat in the bunch sucking wheel. I hope they had a rider in he break ????????????

Funniest thing today though, was a red team being repeatedly told by support car the distance to the break, while they sat in the bunch sucking wheel. I hope they had a rider in he break ????????????

im not so good with colors but names I am ???? so who was it?

will have to wait for race report, but they looked really secure

no ways Bru just pm me then, we both know that report is only going to be released on Saturday if we are lucky ????

What Happened to the Bunches today???

We, a group of five Guys Rode off the front from Our Group ©.

I finished 5th in ©.

Down the road we caught (B) and later (A) riders.

Nobody managed to hold on to a Wheel.

'IF' I had ridden with (B), I would have got 13/14th.

Same with (A), I would have got 58/59th position.

Edited by F.R.A.I.L. -K

Yes they had George Perrons in the break with us.

I lost my Polar M460 bike GPS/computer... I think when I was loading my bike on the rack after the race  :wacko:

Parked at additional parking above the school fields...

If anyone picked one up (or has a useful contact at the school/race organisers that might be able to help) please PM me.

Edited by S-Bike

What Happened to the Bunches today???

We, a group of five Guys Rode of from Our Group ©.

I finished 5th in ©.

Down the road we caught (B) and later (A) riders.

Nobody managed to hold on to a Wheel.

'IF' I had ridden with (B), I would have got 13/14th.

Same with (A), I would have got 58/59th position.

At 1st reading all the bikehub posts, I thought you were just an urban legend, I thought there is no way that the things you do are possible. Then I saw a post from Savage last week saying he rode with you and I had hope, Today, I met the man, the legend himself Mr Frail. I was the B rider you caught just as we turned to Windmeul who had jumped away from the bunch(Black and Yellow Scott Foil). Then you rode away on the climbs and I caught up again and then rode away myself, I'd say today I did a proper race, I did about a 60km solo TT as I was always just catching a group and riding off, then catching a group and riding away again with nobody wanting to really help out.. At 75kms I decided to go away from the bunch again and ended up doing the last 15km solo into a a proper headwind and some very eina crosswinds, had me leaning over making me feel like I was on the track LOL..

Anyway I finished 8th in the B bunch(Never saw the breakaway go).

Pretty happy considering majority of the race was solo...

Frail, was awesome meeting you man and having a lekker chat, you're a proper gent!!

Ps, DM me if you looking for cycling shoes and you're a UK8, I saw you riding in trekkies LoL...

Edited by FootballingCyclist