No 2018 Stellenbosch Cycle Tour

Pure Savage

Starting at Val de Vie? Wait, are my whatsapp groups discussing non public info? 

This would make sense, but a total kluster bomb.

No need for road issues in stellies, we all just go through.

But to get to val de vie and park and and and, just like the argus would be a nightmare.

I wonder if bridgehouse is not an option ? Mutiple access point for cars?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

atleast the event is moved and not cancelled

nightmare for traffic around Val De Vie but atleast they are getting more and more involved with cycling events

Damn.  Now I'm running out of excuses for not doing the 947!

Come and do it, will be my first this year as well

Starting at Val de Vie? Wait, are my whatsapp groups discussing non public info? 

Nope just that there were rumours of a change in location, was not sure where too, was more hoping it might be closer to the old Paarl road as I really enjoy the route profile from there, but was not sure about which venue would be able to cater for the participants.  But alas they will let us know when they have confirmed everything and got assurances in place from the other role players (traffic, events organisers, etc)

Geez I hope not! Traffic will be a cluster^&*

You can have massive parking areas around there, should be pretty free flowing. I would still park in Paarl and roll through.

atleast the event is moved and not cancelled

nightmare for traffic around Val De Vie but atleast they are getting more and more involved with cycling events

they just opened a new bridge.

new access for all

Come and do it, will be my first this year as well

Done 2 already. Must be the ugliest race of the year.  The only thing that could tempt me is the reverse direction this year.

So, had a quick sqizz of the thread.. It's entirely clear - is the event definitely not happening at the original date and venue? Or are we just speculating ?

So, had a quick sqizz of the thread.. It's entirely clear - is the event definitely not happening at the original date and venue? Or are we just speculating ?

Well it is possible that the Sportiff could be moved again, but doubt they would have booked the 2nd of Dec for that race on the same day the Stell Cycle was going to happen.

Regarding the venue, there I have just heard rumors, who know maybe they also rename it the Tour de Paarl

X Mas cake is not my friend, it sits in the caravan staring at me then boom, 2 cakes GONE!! Ugh, self control is going to be required. Also have  a few weddings as well.

#Festive500 challenge is your friend :) 

Would really hope to have relocated to CT by then! 

Wonder if this the reason why Stellenbosch Mtb race has been scaled down to 2 distances and moved venues as well

Wonder if this the reason why Stellenbosch Mtb race has been scaled down to 2 distances and moved venues as well

No, the reason they scaled down is because all the sponsors pulled out. Last year Dirtopia pulled the whole thing off on their own, I pretty amazing job. 

So we can blame Momentum/Die Burger for all this.