No 2018 Stellenbosch Cycle Tour

Pure Savage

This route will be rough on the later groups that will hit Hels at midday, in mid summer heat. They are out of their flippen minds. It would have been better in reverse. And starting with lots of flat road to come, the groups will be huuuge. Many bunch crashes I foresee.

Groups are always big, they all use to merge past the jail. At least the part beneath N1 past butterfly world is earlier( if understand route) so hopefully not so many crashes there.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last SCT I did I saw nothing besides my cycling cap and the spray from wheel in front of me. Being too hot was not a worry on the day :P

We can only hope for another wet cool race. But in mid January? Better chance to find a piece of boerewors next to your dog.

Would be nice though. Did my best time ever on that wet SCT.

I foresee lots and lots of riders with cramps on the Hels climb next year.

Edited by Moridin

The final sprint with the South Easter on a very fast ad bumpy final stretch will be hair raising.

:devil:

Pinch points past Klappies & Helz after 2 hrs will be eina eina.

Edited by 'Dale

We can only hope for another wet cool race. But in mid January? Better chance to find a piece of boerewors next to your dog.

Unlikely but not impossible, I remember a very wet 99er 2 or 3 years ago which is around the same date.

But the one thing we are guaranteed to get in Jan are strong winds!

Unlikely but not impossible, I remember a very wet 99er 2 or 3 years ago which is around the same date.

Think that is not going to be a question, but a statement

Eish, don't even mention it. That stretch from that T-junction after Pniel to Franschhoek will be tough against a raging SE so close to the finish. 

Edited by Moridin

Entries are open.

R330 PPA

R350 non PPA.

And now there will at least be that 1 that will mention that the price is to expensive, the question only remains how many posts till someone complains.

I always find it funny to read the rules. See one have to wear gloves now and no t-shirts and shorts allowed. ... 

2.15 A rider shall wear clothing appropriate for a family event at all times. Our minimum requirement is a cycling top, cycling pants, helmet, cycling gloves and the appropriate footwear.

And now there will at least be that 1 that will mention that the price is to expensive, the question only remains how many posts till someone complains.

I for one am happy I did not pay for PPA this year. The last event I did was CTCT. I would have been paying for nothing.

I always find it funny to read the rules. See one have to wear gloves now and no t-shirts and shorts allowed. ...

2.15 A rider shall wear clothing appropriate for a family event at all times. Our minimum requirement is a cycling top, cycling pants, helmet, cycling gloves and the appropriate footwear.

Shooo... No need for long socks!

whoop whoop...20bux saving for ppa members!

Dont go spending that savings all at once  :whistling: 

Meh, for the me the saving is less, you know cause I am a PPA member, now I only save R330 by not entering instead of R350.