Cape Town Cycle Tour seeding

GrantMcD1

Hi guys

I’ve enter the Cape Town cycle tour next year, I just want to know about the seeding.

I want to try improve my seeding but I’m not sure which events count towards seedings, I actually mainly ride MTB so do any of the MTB races count towards the road seeding? I’m probably gonna go down to do the Amashova to try improve it. But are there any other events that I could do in the Cape or Gauteng region?

Also I’m doing the ride on a tandem, so do only races done with that tandem partner count towards your seeding?

Thanks guys

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys

I’ve enter the Cape Town cycle tour next year, I just want to know about the seeding.

I want to try improve my seeding but I’m not sure which events count towards seedings, I actually mainly ride MTB so do any of the MTB races count towards the road seeding? I’m probably gonna go down to do the Amashova to try improve it. But are there any other events that I could do in the Cape or Gauteng region?

Also I’m doing the ride on a tandem, so do only races done with that tandem partner count towards your seeding?

Thanks guys

Hi

With regards to the tandem, I asked the same question and the feedback I received was that they will take the "slowest" riders seeding to determine your starting time

On the MTB, your mtb races can be used for the road seeding without any penalty points being applied, however if you have a road race seeding, you will incur 15 penalty points for MTB races.

Hope this helps

post-65102-0-43872200-1536227862_thumb.jpg

Hi

With regards to the tandem, I asked the same question and the feedback I received was that they will take the "slowest" riders seeding to determine your starting time

On the MTB, your mtb races can be used for the road seeding without any penalty points being applied, however if you have a road race seeding, you will incur 15 penalty points for MTB races.

Hope this helps

To add, any race timed on Racetec can potentially count towards your CTCT seeding.

Any time for a race not on the "official seedings event" list will incur penalties when counting towards your seeding

The organsers tweak their seeding system from time to time but this was how it worked for the 2018 version

To add, any race timed on Racetec can potentially count towards your CTCT seeding.

Any time for a race not on the "official seedings event" list will incur penalties when counting towards your seeding

The organsers tweak their seeding system from time to time but this was how it worked for the 2018 version

Perfect thanks so much, starting to look forward to the event, just entered the 94.7 to try get a better seeding time :D

Hi

Hope this helps

that's cool. didn't know that.

assume any racetec event counts.

do you need to be PPA member?

general question then:

what's the calculation difference in an

"official Seeding event" and any other event on racetec?

if any?

It’s About Time

Using available results for events timed by RaceTec, a seeding index is calculated per person. This offers an indication of the person’s ability relative to other entrants.

Hi guys

Thanks guys

All the best. It's going to be awesome. I will also be on a tandem.

general question then:

what's the calculation difference in an

"official Seeding event" and any other event on racetec?

if any?

It’s About Time

Using available results for events timed by RaceTec, a seeding index is calculated per person. This offers an indication of the person’s ability relative to other entrants.

They are calculated by the same method, but for the "non-official" event a penalty is added - think its 15% or thereabouts. Would not make much of a difference for mid-bunchers but if you want to ride at the sharp end that 15% added is a lot.

They are calculated by the same method, but for the "non-official" event a penalty is added - think its 15% or thereabouts. Would not make much of a difference for mid-bunchers but if you want to ride at the sharp end that 15% added is a lot.

So lets say I do the WCE this weekend(I am), this is a "non-official" seeding race, Does this mean I will be penalised??

So lets say I do the WCE this weekend(I am), this is a "non-official" seeding race, Does this mean I will be penalised??

Not sure what you mean, they will always use your best results so a bad result won't count against you if you have other better results.

But yes, for the purposes of a CTCT seeding they will add a penalty to this result if this was your best result (WCE is useless for CTCT seeding anyway because they penalise it for its flat route   :ph34r: )

Not sure what you mean, they will always use your best results so a bad result won't count against you if you have other better results.

But yes, for the purposes of a CTCT seeding they will add a penalty to this result if this was your best result (WCE is useless for CTCT seeding anyway because they penalise it for its flat route   :ph34r: )

Bingo. Only official CTCT Seeding events carry 100% weighting. Other PPA events carry a penalty based on how difficult the event is compared to the CTCT.

WCE carries a weighting on it being flat and shorter than CTCT. By the time the seeding run is conducted it will also carry a penalty for time elapsed since the WCE. the further away the event, the bigger the penalty that is added i.e. it's a moving target.)

I would not use it to build my seeding but rather as race experience. I finds its too easy anyway as everyone just sits behind two or three eager beavers and then there's a sprint for 101st position

Archived