Tour de France 2019

gummibear

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the teams must just stand united and demand TV monies. It's totally ridiculous that ASO receives all of it for the TDF. 

I did find this part interesting though, " push to require provisionary suspensions in the wake of adverse analytical findings and anti-doping violations"

Obviously it's because Lappies had to backtrack on Froome. But here is the thing, IF the report stating that around 300 cyclist had AFF's against them since 2015 , will there be a peloton left?

Honestly as long as the rules are the same for everyone all the time I don't mind this suggested rule change AFTER the funding issues are sorted out!!

All the teams must just stand united and demand TV monies. It's totally ridiculous that ASO receives all of it for the TDF.

I did find this part interesting though, " push to require provisionary suspensions in the wake of adverse analytical findings and anti-doping violations"

Obviously it's because Lappies had to backtrack on Froome. But here is the thing, IF the report stating that around 300 cyclist had AFF's against them since 2015 , will there be a peloton left?

Honestly as long as the rules are the same for everyone all the time I don't mind this suggested rule change AFTER the funding issues are sorted out!!

I am trying to imagine the chaos that would ensue if come day 1 of the TDF and nobody races after the flags dropped. Instead. Everyone stops, turns around and head back to the team busses. Would be a storm of absolute note!

Although they are with 2020 in mind

Some good changes are being proposed and I am all for that but, and it's a big but, they desperately need to sort out the financial model. The current one along with the reductionism is not going to last.

Prediction: Chris F not going to ride Giro and allout 2019 TDF effort ! Look out

for him trainging at Suikerbos !

I am trying to imagine the chaos that would ensue if come day 1 of the TDF and nobody races after the flags dropped. Instead. Everyone stops, turns around and head back to the team busses. Would be a storm of absolute note!

:lol:  or the race director vehicle sets off and the whole peloton goes back - leaving the director speeding off down the road alone - standing out the sunroof... :lol:  

The funny thing is Peter Sagan would still be in the green yersey at the end of the day.

Edited by s14phoenix

[emoji38] or the race director vehicle sets off and the whole peloton goes back - leaving the director speeding off down the road alone - standing out the sunroof... [emoji38]

The funny thing is Peter Sagan would still be in the green yersey at the end of the day.

And Sagan would be the last on the team bus because he spent the rest of the sign autographs and having Selfies taken.

• 1 month later...

Nice to see Eddy back in the Pro Peleton :clap:

Ya very nice considering that the company was on the brink of disappearing until taken over by Ridley last year