Hunting - yes or no?

leeubok

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's you address?

:w00t: you need to be more proactive with your friends and offer to go in with him next hunt, he gets to hunt more and you get cheap free range super lean venison!

:w00t: you need to be more proactive with your friends and offer to go in with him next hunt, he gets to hunt more and you get cheap free range super lean venison!

Yeah I must. I asked the 3.5 y/o if he wanted to go hunting with me. He said yes. My wife was not happy. Think I will have to wait till he is older. But he now goes round telling his grandparents hes going hunting.

F#@k trophy hunters!

Ā 

In yet another blow to big elephant genes, the iconic desert-adapted elephant bull known by millions of fans worldwide as ā€˜Voortrekkerā€™ was killed by a trophy hunter after being declared a ā€˜problem-animalā€™ by Namibian authorities.Ā 

Ā 

https://africageographic.com/blog/iconic-desert-adapted-elephant-voortrekker-killed-by-trophy-hunter-in-namibia/

• 1 month later...

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2019-08-07-ruling-that-lion-skeleton-export-quotas-are-illegal-is-a-victory-for-ethical-conservation/

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The government is now legally obliged to consider animal welfare in all its wildlife conservation decisions. This is the message fromĀ the judgmentĀ handed downĀ on 6 August by the Gauteng High Court which determined that South Africaā€™s 2017 and 2018 lion export skeleton quotas were unlawful and constitutionally invalid, although the exports under those quotas have already been made.
The judgment strongly rejects the view that ā€œadaptive managementā€ of wild animals can arbitrarily be divorced from ethics.Ā Kollapen referenced the 2016Ā judgmentĀ in the NSPCA case against the Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development, which stated that ā€œthe rationale behind protecting animal welfare has shifted from merely safeguarding the moral status of humans to placing intrinsic value on animals as individualsā€.
Judge Kollapen has gifted South Africa with legal clarity regarding the unlawfulness of the establishment of the 2017 and 2018 quotas. He has also reminded us that the captive lion industry is abhorrent and repulsive, so it remains to be seen how the Department of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries will take this into account in determining future quotas.Ā 

The vegan thread a bit quiet?

Ā 

Quite the opposite. It had a great run this past week or so. Thanks for asking!

Ā 

However, you seem triggered by me posting something which has sweet blue fokol to do with veganism. Why is that?Ā 

Ā 

However, you seem triggered by me posting something which has sweet blue fokol to do with veganism. Why is that?Ā 

Watch your mouth

Ā 

However, you seem triggered by me posting something which has sweet blue fokol to do with veganism. Why is that?

Great advocate for other vegans ????????

Great advocate for other vegans ????????

So, you feel compelled to make a snarky comment on my response, rather than the trolling/baiting and aggression by gbd?