Hunting - yes or no?

leeubok

In the same way you felt compelled to come and bait people here, yes.

Yep. That character trait cannot be ignored, unfortunately.

@odinson - you perhaps are overly passionate about this topic, as it seems to rile you so much more than anything else, to the point that you are not willing (not gonna say not able, as you remain very able as demonstrated by your attention on other threads) to entertain an opposing and / or sympathetic and / or conciliatory and or / accepting a compromising position and / or compromise without going into ad hominem attacks and vitriolic, holier than thou attacks. It's frankly surprising and upsetting to see, from a champion of logic such as yourself. 

I know it's a topic very close to your heart, but give up the patronising, sarcastic, "moral superiority" vibe that you have going, and perhaps you'd get more viewers or converts. 

BTW: This by NO means represents my own personal views on you as a person. I find it sad that I need to say this, but it's not a personal attack. Just reading it as I see it. 

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the same way you felt compelled to come and bait people here, yes.

Did you even bother to read the article? I would think it’s relevance is obvious.

@odinson - you perhaps are overly passionate about this topic, as it seems to rile you so much more than anything else, to the point that you are not willing (not gonna say not able, as you remain very able as demonstrated by your attention on other threads) to entertain an opposing and / or sympathetic and / or conciliatory and or / accepting a compromising position and / or compromise without going into ad hominem attacks and vitriolic, holier than thou attacks. It's frankly surprising and upsetting to see, from a champion of logic such as yourself.

I know it's a topic very close to your heart, but give up the patronising, sarcastic, "moral superiority" vibe that you have going, and perhaps you'd get more viewers or converts.

BTW: This by NO means represents my own personal views on you as a person. I find it sad that I need to say this, but it's not a personal attack. Just reading it as I see it.

To be fair - both sides of the food fence are riddled with trolls and wikipedia educated blow hards. I mean what kind of knob purposely clicks on a vegan thread then bangs on about how good meat is. I'd also get triggered if I was an animal loving vegan.

To be fair - both sides of the food fence are riddled with trolls and wikipedia educated blow hards. I mean what kind of knob purposely clicks on a vegan thread then bangs on about how good meat is. I'd also get triggered if I was an animal loving vegan.

Mostly, I would humbly suggest, even though I am very smart, the kind of person like me, with an indefensible position, either logically or morally, that cannot concede without fundamentally altering a belief of some kind unsupported by facts.

Jees, I have such a headache, this channelling sh*t is hard and now I sound like a knob, too. Last time I try John Edward.

That’s rich

Don’t take it personally, just saying how I see your post

That’s rich

Don’t take it personally, just saying how I see your post

Something can be rich, and true at the same time. Amazing! Boom mind blown.

I'm afraid we're derailing this thread.

Nevertheless, please, if you will, explain to me where I should be "entertain an opposing and / or sympathetic and / or conciliatory and or / accepting a compromising position and / or compromise without going into ad hominem attacks and vitriolic, holier than thou attacks". 

I go hunting with friends from time to time. We use walkie-talkies to stay in touch. I found reviews about best walkie-talkies on TheBestWalkieTalkies. There are many good lessons to learn from hunting. Patience, awareness, and an appreciation for silence and the stillness of nature, to name a couple.

Edited by greys

Vegans dont swear? *gasp*

Tell that to that Aussie vegan cyclist dude!

Yes I got the sarcasm in your post, just in case you were wondering.

Well said

post-3602-0-78131000-1565622361_thumb.jpg

I'm afraid we're derailing this thread.

Nevertheless, please, if you will, explain to me where I should be "entertain an opposing and / or sympathetic and / or conciliatory and or / accepting a compromising position and / or compromise without going into ad hominem attacks and vitriolic, holier than thou attacks". 

Why, only as it's the ETHICAL thing to do. Don't argue the man, argue the ball. With this, you seem not to be able to delineate, and argue the man as if he were the ball. 

There's a very neat noun for things like that, and it goes like this: 

zealotry in British (ˈzɛlətrɪ  )

noun
extreme or excessive zeal or devotion

Further:

uncountable noun

Zeal is great enthusiasmespecially in connection with work, religion, or politics.
...his zeal for teaching. [for]
Mr Lopez approached his task with a religious zeal.
Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem