Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone.

At least I do not have to spend the night in hospital.  That said if I feel any worst, I need to go to emergencies and be booked in.

This is rather a hard blow for me to be honest.

Thanks everyone.

At least I do not have to spend the night in hospital.  That said if I feel any worst, I need to go to emergencies and be booked in.

This is rather a hard blow for me to be honest.

Cois, since your initial message today you have been on my mind all day.

You are in my thoughts, as much as those little words can help. Thoughts and prayers to your missus too, I know it is equally as tough for those who are not going through but with you every step of the way.

We assessed the trainer.  

I hate cyclists selling stuff that was wacked by lighting to people claiming that the device is still working.  There is so much damage to the internal parts of the power-back that can't be replaced that it's not even funny. We tried looking for replacements but Tacx used a lot of modules that we can't get replacements for.

The software and some of the videos that was suppose to come with the device is missing.  So the trainer is a total bust.  Just feel bad for my cousin that was taken for a ride by someone who must have known that the device was broken and beyond repair.

We assessed the trainer.  

I hate cyclists selling stuff that was wacked by lighting to people claiming that the device is still working.  There is so much damage to the internal parts of the power-back that can't be replaced that it's not even funny. We tried looking for replacements but Tacx used a lot of modules that we can't get replacements for.

The software and some of the videos that was suppose to come with the device is missing.  So the trainer is a total bust.  Just feel bad for my cousin that was taken for a ride by someone who must have known that the device was broken and beyond repair.

Cois, you're in my prayers and I know that you're gonna pull through this.

Lets get you a trainer- I have no doubt that this will help in your recovery journey.

Guys, lets do this

Cois, you're in my prayers and I know that you're gonna pull through this.

Lets get you a trainer- I have no doubt that this will help in your recovery journey.

Guys, lets do this

I'm in on this, start off with a new one and forget the second hand c r a p 

Maybe a challenge to the expat hubbas who have the advantage of foreign currency and we could all club together and get a decent IDT?

To be honest, I do not want to go 2nd hand.  You always get burnt.  I have had a few deals on Bikehub that were great, but should something go wrong, you are stuffed. And with this trainer we have a prime example.

I have been looking at getting the following trainer: Tacx FLUX S Smart Trainer.  I could have gotten one at cost but Tacx was bought by Garmin and my uncle does not deal with Garmin. this far it was the cheapest trainer I could find that was a direct mount.  The plus is both our bikes have the exact gear systems.  So swapping between bikes will not need a gear change or cluster swap. (yes I was lazy looking for parts between the bikes)

I have to go with the direct mount as the wheel on models like the one I tried will not fit into out living room (did I say we stay in a really tiny place).  So I will have to use it outside if it is a wheel on.