Guerilla Gravity

Eddy Gordo

So Guerilla Gravity ........

For those in the know I suppose.

What do I write......  I want to get this out the way so thats its done, but also started this thread so that there is a dedicated South African version and any questions can be asked.

About 5 years ago I came across Gigi.(GG - Guerilla Gravity ). I just managed to snap my Kona in 2 and so I was shopping, but.poor finances etc prevented me from buying, transport was expensive as well, so a bought a commencal meta sx, what a fun bike.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fast forward and the thought is now a reality. I was dead set on buying a shred dog I found out that the Megatrail is the most versatile frame of them all. The MT can be converted to a shred dog by changing out the shock to a shorter stroke. Currently my MT is 230x65 for a total of 165mm travel in gravity mode or 150mm in trail mode. The MT can also run 29er wheels, 2.3 at the back with a 57.5mm shock and.obviously a 29er fork.

2.4 650b with plenty of room to spare.

Aaannyway!!

How des this bike ride?  After 2 rides I am blown away!!!

2 weeks ago I finished the build on a Thurs . A friend of mine was insisting I join him at hoogies skills park. Wait wait wait

Bike is completed and I sit on it. F me, this thing is massive!!! It is extremely tall, I can just about stand over the top tube. It is extremely long,  I measured the front of the front wheel to the back of the back wheel as 1.93m. When riding it feels extremely upright almost as if one is on a penny farthing.

Anyway at the skills park, I discover how quick this bike rolls, it just wants to go go go. Hitting the jumps was poor bliss, the diamond and rs coil paired with the freadom linkage is just superb!  

This bike is fast man, it rolls and rolls and can easy roll away from you. It is plush, almost like a rolls royce cruising along absorbing what needs to be absorbed with tons of traction and the minute you drop the seat point it downhill, you transform into a race car, with tons of grip and squish. No doubt I feel.like a newbie now!

So this past saturday afternoon we go and ride tokai. I am very happy with how I can now climb hills, this due to the very upright seating position. Descending is so easy point where you want to go and the bike just goes.

Well, only 2 rides in and I cant wait.to go ride again. Gg OH GG 

Hahaha

I have to say the service received from shred quarters was nothing but exceptional. I mailed them they mailed me back immediately. I asked for prices of parts not on their list and immediate response with a price.

All the frames are hand made and I waited 2 weeks for mine to be built.

Fast forward and the thought is now a reality. I was dead set on buying a shred dog I found out that the Megatrail is the most versatile frame of them all. The MT can be converted to a shred dog by changing out the shock to a shorter stroke. Currently my MT is 230x65 for a total of 165mm travel in gravity mode or 150mm in trail mode. The MT can also run 29er wheels, 2.3 at the back with a 57.5mm shock and.obviously a 29er fork.

2.4 650b with plenty of room to spare.

Running some looooow pressure in the back there.

I like the bike but it also somehow reminds me of dog taking a dump with that arched toptube..........

Running some looooow pressure in the back there.

I like the bike but it also somehow reminds me of dog taking a dump with that arched toptube..........

well spotted! That tyre is already squishing under weight of the bike alone.

Lol, did that on purpose ja,otherwise it just rolls forward.

Congratulations, that bike looks dialled.

I was wondering what made you go for the MT rather than the Smash (just a big wheels thing?) and how was the buying / shipping / import / duties process like?

GGs always get really, really  good rider reviews but some times the main magazines can be a bit luke warm on them. I remember seeing the trail pistol get savaging by the Bike Mag 'Bible of Bikes' a couple of years back. 

I have been interested in getting a smash as every review gives it high fives. 

Congratulations, that bike looks dialled.

I was wondering what made you go for the MT rather than the Smash (just a big wheels thing?) and how was the buying / shipping / import / duties process like?

GGs always get really, really  good rider reviews but some times the main magazines can be a bit luke warm on them. I remember seeing the trail pistol get savaging by the Bike Mag 'Bible of Bikes' a couple of years back. 

I have been interested in getting a smash as every review gives it high fives.

I wanted the shred dog as I wanted a shorter travel bike.

Then I found out the megatrail can b converted into a shred dog or a 29er note, not a smash, just a 29er!

The smash can be turned into a shred dog or a 27.5+

Shred dog into a 29er

Megatrail into a shred dog or 29er

My options are open, it does mean I need a different shock and probably a fork.

The beauty is that the geometry is the same for all the bikes, difference in the triangle for the smash and shred dog. All the triangles have been made to accept diff wheel sizes. Smash and SD can run 2.8 wide whereas the MT 2.6

• 1 month later...