Bike Hub 2019 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

In the words of that great philosopher and genius, Borat -

"Wha, wha, wee! wha!" 

Let another year of commuting begin! 

As a new year rolls round, so to, do the wheels and pedals of our trusty steeds. No doubt this year will be the most competitive yet. There were some impressive numbers posted in 2018 and some big targets have been set for 2019.

Some house keeping for those new to the challenge family.

How to join the challenge

1) Download the Endomondo app on your phone. (Not essential, but makes life simpler)
2) Create an Endomondo Account - www.endomondo.com
3) Once you have an endomondo account click on the link below to the 2019 challenge and join.
4) Remember when you log your commutes make sure the workout is "Transport" 

Endomondo - 2019 bikehub Commuters Challenge.

The challenge is a personal one to track and challenge yourself to ride those extra km's especially on days when you really don't feel like it.

Can I ask that people do not track the following as commutes:

a. Training rides
b. Races
c. Stationary bike rides
d. Mountain rides

The challenge is a Commuting challenge for bikehub members  :)

What was achieved last year?
Link to 2018 challenge:

2019 Challenge:

https://www.endomondo.com/challenges/39138326

Wishing you a successful, safe and fitness filled 2019!

Commute safe, commute relaxed, commute far.

post-11356-0-68225700-1546248674.png

Edited by Imploder

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joined the 2019 Challenge. I'll be starting my campaign swiftly on 2nd January 2019.

Today is the last commute for the 2018 campaign, should end off in 5th with about 5 700 km.

Flip man, of all the people who have logged miles, I am last. Hope it doesn't stay like that :D

'Got out and Commuted' always beats 'Still on Holiday'

I should take a screenshot - will probably be the last time this year I'll be in the lead :D

This hanger is the biggest self supporting structure in the Southern Hemisphere. It is where we conduct our major maintenance. We are able to park 5 wide body aircraft and 8 narrow body aircraft, close the doors, jack them up and completely strip them down to just a "skeleton".

Had to snip the original pic as it was too big to upload.

post-58906-0-44856900-1546502738_thumb.png

This hanger is the biggest self supporting structure in the Southern Hemisphere. It is where we conduct our major maintenance. We are able to park 5 wide body aircraft and 8 narrow body aircraft, close the doors, jack them up and completely strip them down to just a "skeleton".

Had to snip the original pic as it was too big to upload.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

thats frigging awesome.

When I worked for ACSA I loved the tours that would take us into the inner workings of the airport, the places the public cant get to.

Joined up.  Well done Cat-i on a very impressive start.

I will let you guys (and girls) get a head start.  It is snowing and more snow to come.  Looking forward to a good 2019 commute.  Eventually missed my 10k mark on Strava.  We had actually wonderfull weather the last week of December and getting the last 200 km was so within reach, just to start with a cold and fever on Christmas day and then problems with my back muscels.  Needles to say I was pretty "dieMoerin".  No excuses this year. :D

joined and iam ready for the challenge :clap: . starting my commute tomorrow if JHB weather plays ball

I have ridden many many miles in the rain(mostly training though) and if it's light it's still lekker. Not lekker for the bike though. But when it comes to commuting I have a rule that if it is raining at home when I am ready to leave, I get into the car. If I get caught in rain on the way to work then so be it. But I have had a few times where I am finding all sorts of sunny windy spots to try dry my kit before the I go home. Getting everything in my bag drenched when I had the option to drive is just not smart. I have been caught in a few of those afternoon joburg thunderstorms and the lightning is hairy.

got myself this backpack as motivation :whistling:

More information on this backpack pls.

Mine will need to be replaced soon.