[Event] Medihelp Stellenbosch Cycle Tour

Events Bot

I bring an old thread out of the depths asking the question, and the next day they answer it with twitter confirmations.

only oke with more pull than me is the Rock.

Last week I was bragging on the one tonner thread on how the little Hex Valley mtb funride bumped up my seeding to A...

Lo & behold the beta has since been adjusted and now I'm down to C - should have kept quiet  :lol:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week I was bragging on the one tonner thread on how the little Hex Valley mtb funride bumped up my seeding to A...

Lo & behold the beta has since been adjusted and now I'm down to C - should have kept quiet  :lol:

The hub giveth and the hub taketh away.

Don't fee alone .. logged in now, drop 4 groups since my new seeding from sportiff #6 a month ago.. hopefully just glitch in matrix

edit: I see they adjusted CTCT 2019 beta to 1, assume that now the correct base event , .. still don't explain why I , all of sudden, suck so much more

Edited by Karman de Lange

Sigh. They've adjusted the beta of every race I've done since November 2017 so all my effort to get to C group has been chucked out the window.

Now I'm back in F which is where I was when I was significantly slower  :(

I don't understand the need to go and change historic data like that

Sigh. They've adjusted the beta of every race I've done since November 2017 so all my effort to get to C group has been chucked out the window.

Now I'm back in F which is where I was when I was significantly slower  :(

I don't understand the need to go and change historic data like that

Well, all of us is chucked back, so in theory same people still, hopefully just more keen to actually work together to get up there again :)

Won't be surprised if venue change is in Wellington at Hugenoot high

Was wondering the same this weekend, hopefully they learnt a few things from the experience.  Parking will always be a challenge.

Well, all of us is chucked back, so in theory same people still, hopefully just more keen to actually work together to get up there again :)

I think they've stuffed it up abit. My riding buddy has finished top 10 in the A bunch in the last 3 PPA races, Finished top half of the A bunch on Sunday for the 160km and has been dropped from A to B. Another buddy finished top 10 in the A bunch for the 110km and has gone from A to D...

I've sent a mail to PPA asking for some sort of clarification, Here's to hoping I get a response. Will revert once I do

LOL this seeding thing is such a joke. Dropped from B to D to E. Oh the E bunch okes are going to love that. Oke came up to me on Sunday and said, "well ridden! now VO back to B!!" we had a good laugh about it.

i give up on chasing seeding. Just going to enjoy my Sunday Morning Road and MTB suffer fest rides with a coffee and easy breakfast at Knead after. Done chasing my tail with PPA seeding.

Still it could never be as bad as SASEEDING.....That thing is beyond salvation

Edited by DieselnDust

I think they've stuffed it up abit. My riding buddy has finished top 10 in the A bunch in the last 3 PPA races, Finished top half of the A bunch on Sunday for the 160km and has been dropped from A to B. Another buddy finished top 10 in the A bunch for the 110km and has gone from A to D...

I've sent a mail to PPA asking for some sort of clarification, Here's to hoping I get a response. Will revert once I do

I suspect what has happened is that the penalty points have been awarded to all events results older than 6months. Since most of us gained our seeding off SBCT, 99er and CTCT, the penalty points awarded would hit the seeding calculation. It should rise again in 3 days like that Jewish bloke

I suspect what has happened is that the penalty points have been awarded to all events results older than 6months. Since most of us gained our seeding off SBCT, 99er and CTCT, the penalty points awarded would hit the seeding calculation. It should rise again in 3 days like that Jewish bloke

I checked.. the new winner time for sportiff #6 is 43.1km/h average.. it used to be about 40km/h for past events..

I know its all automated, but I think the wind of CTCT 2019 where the elites got massive gap on next bunch screwed the base event stats., I probably should try and do the stats thing on the results, I just don't have the willpower to spreadsheet anymore 

anyway .. at least we all getting brushed with same broom, so in theory our CTCT relative start position will still be same..

Edited by Karman de Lange

The penalty points still get awarded afterwards. It's the change in the Beta that caused it.

I think part of it is them fixing the "Bonus Seeding" that they started giving out as part of the build up to last years CTCT. These bonuses where built into the Beta instead of a separate data field or negative value on the Penalty field.

Some maths whizz could be trying to balance out the seeded riders more evenly across all the groups  :unsure:

Anyway, it is what it is.

The penalty points still get awarded afterwards. It's the change in the Beta that caused it.

I think part of it is them fixing the "Bonus Seeding" that they started giving out as part of the build up to last years CTCT. These bonuses where built into the Beta instead of a separate data field or negative value on the Penalty field.

Some maths whizz could be trying to balance out the seeded riders more evenly across all the groups  :unsure:

Anyway, it is what it is.

If that is the case and it applies to everybody I think it's a good thing, it really should be a bit harder to get into A than it is currently. A return to the "average of your best 3 events" system they had years ago would be even better

Well, won't bother me too much as I was out for most of the year with that shoulder injury of mine. Only recently started riding again, but it is a massive hill to get back where I used to be. Age and the extra 4 kilos that I picked up is not in my favour. I will probably stuggle to keep up with my newly seeded group anyways.

If that is the case and it applies to everybody I think it's a good thing, it really should be a bit harder to get into A than it is currently. A return to the "average of your best 3 events" system they had years ago would be even better

Indeed that was the best reflection of current form. Problem was it didn't support event entries in winter. the current system is more about encouraging event entries whilst delivering some fairness and recognition of performance. It is much more a loyalty program now that it was when we had the best average index over you past three events