[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour MTB Challenge 2019

JohanDiv

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure that if Murant does not do it somone will.

Will or would want too?  And is there enough time to organise and get buy in from all the relevant landowners?  

I am holding thumbs that it will be happening, but at the moment I am not holding my breath.  

Why not though? Was well attended event. And I like the little mantlepiece ornament you get in the post for doing both.

Will or would want too? And is there enough time to organise and get buy in from all the relevant landowners?

I am holding thumbs that it will be happening, but at the moment I am not holding my breath.

Was a well attended event even over two days, which gave moms and dads the chance to ride shorter routes with the family on one day, and longer routes the next...

Changed to one day event (and we were told this might only be temporary), and now possibly off the cards altogether?  Would be a real shame...

Spoke to a trail builder in the area that knows him well. Apparently Delvera/Dirtopia is not making any money and is considering closing down entirely, or at the very least not hosting events in the future. Events costs them money, they are not making a profit with events and solely rely on sponsors to cut the costs of events. I was hoping that they would at least strike a deal with them to include their trails with the new Winelands Trails Membership, but that will only by Hero Adventure Trails, Paarl Adventure Trails, Wild Boar Trails, Boschendal Trails and Banhoek Conservancy.

It does seem that it is very difficult to make money out of these events.

I would love to see the costing for an event like the CTCT MTB event or a trailseeker or the STBB or the Durbie Dash from last weekend.

Spoke to a trail builder in the area that knows him well. Apparently Delvera/Dirtopia is not making any money and is considering closing down entirely, or at the very least not hosting events in the future. Events costs them money, they are not making a profit with events and solely rely on sponsors to cut the costs of events. I was hoping that they would at least strike a deal with them to include their trails with the new Winelands Trails Membership, but that will only by Hero Adventure Trails, Paarl Adventure Trails, Wild Boar Trails, Boschendal Trails and Banhoek Conservancy.

• 1 month later...