New Titan Switch Gravel bike?

Damocles

Hello all, 

I'm new to cycling, recently bitten by the bug. I Currently have a RC3000 roadbike but would like to get something more versatile, but not as limited (in terms of road usage) as a MBT. So I decided on a gravel bike. After some consideration I decided on the 20k range, and after more research I decided on this new bike brought out by Titan, the Switch : https://www.titanracingbikes.com/product/switch-elite/

The specs are very decent, as well as the weight (10.1 kilos for a large frame). But I have been warned about buying "cheap carbon" (and 22k is pretty cheap for a new carbon bike). Also, because of the new-ness of the bike I can't find anything in terms of reviews. So, I was wondering if there are any informed opinions around here, or perhaps someone who has bought the bike, or knows someone who has...

Greetings from Potchefstroom (NWU student). 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be cheap.  It may be Chinese under the skin.  But this is hardly an imported cheap no-name Chinese bike.   The backup should be decent, and I'm pretty sure they wont put their name to a crappy product in terms of quality with the push they've been doing on the brand as of late.

You could maybe upgrade a few bits to take it to single digit weight when you have money in the future though.

Thats a flippen nice bike. Or build up a nice Farr steel bike. With brakes that don't need fiddling all the time.

You can buy that Titan AND sleep well at night. Excellent value for your bucks and a great looking bike. Enjoy and post some photos!!

Replying to all...

So, it seems that people are positive. That's been the general response.

Now I just have to wait for my bursary to pay out...

I Already have a nice day trip to Parys via some dirt roads planned...

Isn't that bursary supposed to pay for your studies

Isn't that bursary supposed to pay for your studies

In a way it does, it's just for cashflow, I actually do temporary work as a lecturer as well, and in reality THIS is what will be paying for the bike, but that money is spread out over the year, so I'm using the lump sum of the bursary to purchase the bike  :thumbup: