Canyon order delays - 9 months and counting

sometime

12 months ago I saw the new prototype Canyon Lux at the 2018 Cape Epic. I loved what I saw and decided this was my next bike. In June 2018 Canyon announced their new Lux and I ordered the Lux SL 8.0 the very next day. Delivery was 3 months later in September but I thought it was worth the wait.

My delivery date came only to receive a last minute email to say that due to various reasons the order would be delayed by another 3 months to Dec 2018. I was very disappointed but decided to not cancel the order and wait.

Middle of Dec came and I was told the order was delayed to the end of Dec. End of Dec came and I received another email to say very sorry due to issues with the supply of XTR cranks they were sourcing other cranks and the order has been delayed for a further 4 months to April 2019...!

At that stage I seriously contemplated cancelling the order and taking advantage of some really good deals on some close out 2018 models. Bikes I could actually see and touch in the bike shop and take home with me immediately. But I thought there cannot be any more delays and with no important races on the calendar and with my old bike still hanging in there I thought I would wait just a little(?) bit longer.

And guess what!? - yesterday I receive another email to say the order has been further delayed to May 2019. So I 'might' receive my bike over 11 months(!) since I ordered it. 11 months! I'm out of pocket for a few thousand Euro and I have nothing to show for it

My friends told me to cancel my order last year already and get my money back. I was offered some really great bikes but I believed in the Canyon product and that each delay would be the last. Needless to say I now regret those decisions and I now have no faith in any of Canyon's commitments to me - they've delayed my order four times now so delaying it a fifth time probably won't make a difference to them. I'll will probably cancel my order and buy a bike that I can actually see and touch in a bike shop.

I have friends with Grails and Ultimates who love their Canyons but unfortunately after waiting for a bike I ordered and paid for 9+ months ago with no guarantee when and if I will ever get it, I cannot recommend Canyon to anyone. In fact I would have to strongly suggest you spend your hard earned money elsewhere.

Edited by sometime

That is shocking - can you imagine how sh*t their after sales service must be if this is how they lure a customer!

Estimated dispatch date

24th - 28th Sep 2018

Estimated dispatch date

24th - 28th Dec 2018

Your order is almost ready

Estimated dispatch date

31st Dec 2018 - 04th Jan 2019

Estimated dispatch date

22nd - 26th Apr 2019

Estimated dispatch date

13th - 17th May 2019

send them the link to this thread. nothing like some public pressure to get them to deliver 

Start to irritate Erik Kleinhans?? he is the agent for them. 

I met Erik at Sprocket & Jack a couple of weeks ago at a Canyon demo day. Nice guy and passionate about the Canyon brand. He's aware of the problems but there's nothing he can do about it. Can't be nice for him having recently taken on the brand here in SA and it's getting such bad press.

As I understand, the responsibility for our anger should partially sit with Shimano. They couldn't mass produce their XTR crankset that they announced with the group early last year, resulting in many months delays of supply of the groupset as OEM to bike makers. Shimano is the reason that Spez decided to go with a RaceFace crank and KMC chain for the new Epic S-works Evo. I imagine that Canyon (and others) have been on the receiving end of this crap from Shimano for months, I can only imagine the internal friction this is causing.

Still, Canyon has messed around their customers for too long, without proper communication or offering alternative options.

Time to move on, have you seen the new Orbea Oiz bikes? If I was in the market now, those would be pretty high up on my list. 

send them the link to this thread. nothing like some public pressure to get them to deliver 

There are literally hundreds of posts like mine all over social media around the world. Canyon are clearly incapable of resolving all their issues. I understand the issue with XTR cranks and Shimano have let them and other manufacturers down. But those other manufacturers have made alternative plans for their customers or ditched Shimano in favour of SRAM. But the Canyon complaints are not limited to their XTR specced bikes but are right across all their products.

Funny this comes up, I wanted one of their road bikes but the one I wanted also had a waiting period and that pushed me away and I went with another brand. This will do more damage to the brand than its worth. Rather take them off the website until the production line is running properly.