Canyon order delays - 9 months and counting

sometime

OP is also probably one of those people that allows Sars to sit on his refund money for the whole finyear. 

If I let someone sit on my money for 9 months, I at least want some interest earned on it.

Time to move on, have you seen the new Orbea Oiz bikes? If I was in the market now, those would be pretty high up on my list. 

With a custom MiO paint job!

To add insult to injury I see that the model I have been waiting for all this time is available ex-stock on the Canyon US site. They've changed the groupset to SRAM to get around the Shimano XTR debacle. So if I want one in the US I can order now, get free delivery and my bike possibly within a few days but Canyon can't prioritise their stock for someone who ordered the same bike 9 months ago... !?

I'm beyond p*ssed off!

https://www.canyon.com/en-us/mtb/lux/lux-cf-sl-8-0-pro-race

To add insult to injury I see that the model I have been waiting for all this time is available ex-stock on the Canyon US site. They've changed the groupset to SRAM to get around the Shimano XTR debacle. So if I want one in the US I can order now, get free delivery and my bike possibly within a few days but Canyon can't prioritise their stock for someone who ordered the same bike 9 months ago... !?

I'm beyond p*ssed off!

That sucks..

Sorry to hear about your issues with Canyon.

My personal opinion is move away from Canyon, very very quickly!!

Cancel your order and get your money back. They have abused your patience for way too long.

And believe me, should anything go wrong with your Canyon in future, you would have endless red tape and fire hoops to jump through just to get actual Canyon after sales.

I flew to Germany in July 2017 to pick up my Canyon Aeroad. 6 weeks later i crashed and had to replace the frame (frame and front wheel was damaged). Contacted Canyon to order a new frame only for them to tell me that they can only send me a new frame in November 2017 which meant I would be 3 months without a bike.

Needless to say, i couldn't wait and went and bought a S-Works Venge Vias and Roval wheels.

Used all the other part from the Canyon.

Last week i started pedalling at an angle and after numerous trail and error inspections I saw that my Dura Ace 9100 drive side crank arm was cracked at the spider AND at the inside of the arm. Coolheat (shimano south africa) advised me that i should contact Canyon and have them warrantee claim the crank (shimano DA have 3 years warrantee).

So i contacted Canyon Germany and they referred me back to Erik Kleynhans. I send Erik photos of the crack and a video showing the lateral movement in the crank due to the crack at the spider. I then advised Erik that the crank is now on a Spez as i had to replace the Canyon frame due to insufficient stock. Next email I get is Erik telling me that Canyon will not replace the crank due to (and i quote) "Neglect of product OR modifications to frame or fork OR crash OR excessive load OR jumps OR excessive loads of any kind OR mounting and alteration of additional components that were not expressly approved by us or replacement of our original components by components that do not have a similar quality.

Canyon decided to use the Spez frame as "alteration of components".

I replied to Erik saying how could Canyon penalize me for moving to another brand because they did not have stock of a new frame. He decided to ignore my email.

Canyon would not have been out of pocket to replace the Shimano crank. they just had to help me with the shimano warrantee. but they decided to give me a big fat middle finger.

So this is my experience with Canyon. 

Walk away. No, run. RUN FOREST RUN!!!

I managed to order my Lux quite soon after it was launched. I still had to wait 4 months. If it helps, it is totally worth the wait. Absolutely loving mine!

I liked the MTB so much I then ordered an Aeroed which arrived in two days...

I'm beyond p*ssed off!

if anything cancel, get a credit and order the 2019 bike with free shipping

Seems the online business model for bikes is not working.  YT is a disaster and Canyon seems to be worse.  Funny how the chinese carbon manufacturers have no issues.  Bottom line is get a bike from a local shop with a proper presence in SA.  Yes i know we find Giant, Spez, Trek etc boring but at least when **** goes south they sort it out.

I managed to order my Lux quite soon after it was launched. I still had to wait 4 months. If it helps, it is totally worth the wait. Absolutely loving mine!

I liked the MTB so much I then ordered an Aeroed which arrived in two days...

I have no doubt it's a very good bike - that's why I ordered it. But I refuse to be treated like this any longer and if this is how they treat you when they're selling you a bike imagine how they'll treat you when you need to claim on a warranty.

12 months ago I saw the new prototype Canyon Lux at the 2018 Cape Epic. I loved what I saw and decided this was my next bike. In June 2018 Canyon announced their new Lux and I ordered the Lux SL

8.0 the very next day. Delivery was 3 months later in September but I thought it was worth the wait.

snip snip

Middle of Dec came and I was told the order was delayed to the end of Dec. End of Dec came and I received another email to say very sorry due to issues with the supply of XTR cranks they were sourcing other cranks and the order has been delayed for a further 4 months to April 2019...!

snip snip

Shimano trying to plug the gap in their supply with non-series M900 cranks:

https://bikerumor.com/2019/03/14/shimano-speeds-up-xtr-delivery-w-non-series-m900-crank-groups-available-now/

Shimano-XTR-FC-MT900-1-12-speed-crankset