Another doping Violation - Rickardo Broxham

Pure Savage

Cycling South Africa reports that Ricardo Broxham has been sanctioned for an anti-doping rule violation of Articles 2.1 and 2.2 of the UCI Anti-Doping Rules after an in-competition test conducted on 18 August 2018 confirmed the presence of Heptaminol in his sample.

The UCI Anti-Doping Tribunal has imposed a period of ineligibility of 12 months for the violation, applicable as of 22 September 2018 up to and including 22 September 2019 and a disqualification of all results from the 2018 UCI Junior Track Cycling World Championships.

Ricardo Broxham is therefore suspended and prohibited from competing in the sport of Cycling as well as in any other sport in South Africa and Internationally during this time.

https://www.cyclingsa.com/news-and-press/2019/3/22/anti-doping-rule-violation-in-competition-test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, he did this at junior world track champs, surely he is getting the drugs from parents? Who is paying for it?

Disappointing to see a junior doping and also disappointed in the length of ban.

Anybody know why online nobody is naming the rider, just “doping violation” ???

So, he did this at junior world track champs, surely he is getting the drugs from parents? Who is paying for it?

Disappointing to see a junior doping and also disappointed in the length of ban.

Teenage kids who do cocaine and ecstasy don't always get it from their parents. 

you can buy coke and e at a party or on the street , performance drugs in cycling are a bit more difficult to procure so someone close is obviously helping out :ph34r: pathetic to see a juniour doping (its pathetic to see a senior also but junior is worse)

you can buy coke and e at a party or on the street , performance drugs in cycling are a bit more difficult to procure so someone close is obviously helping out :ph34r: pathetic to see a juniour doping (its pathetic to see a senior also but junior is worse)

Not that hard. Spend some time at a few gyms and you'll get contacts for supplies, doctors who are 'helpful' and more than enough websites to deliver a smorgasbord to where ever you want to point it. 

As his doping violation was while he was a minor they are not allowed to name him... (I read that somewhere a while ago.)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not that hard. Spend some time at a few gyms and you'll get contacts for supplies, doctors who are 'helpful' and more than enough websites to deliver a smorgasbord to where ever you want to point it. 

ive spent most of my adult life in gyms,sports and cycling and no one ever offered to be "helpful"

it seems somehow doubtful  a junior rider (read young person) would know where to look or what to look for unless they had some one close to them offering advice or substances...assuming he "just found this stuff himself and gave it a try " is very naive ..however im pretty sure thats the excuse he will use because apparently it works on everybody . :blink:

Edited by bikebloke

You can buy almost anything online, as mentioned go to a gym etc etc. 

Edited by J Wakefield

ive spent most of my adult life in gyms,sports and cycling and no one ever offered to be "helpful"

it seems somehow doubtful  a junior rider (read young person) would know where to look or what to look for unless they had some one close to them offering advice or substances...assuming he "just found this stuff himself and gave it a try " is very naive ..however im pretty sure thats the excuse he will use because apparently it works on everybody . :blink:

Just cause you haven't been offered it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It does, its a fact.

Just cause you haven't been offered it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It does, its a fact.

see the excuse works on you ......... :thumbup: 

Teenage kids who do cocaine and ecstasy don't always get it from their parents. 

Agreed, but his parents had to pay for it. Nobody hands them out for free or in exchange for "exposure". 

As his doping violation was while he was a minor they are not allowed to name him... (I read that somewhere a while ago.)

He is named in the official statement. 

He is named in the official statement.

Aaah.. maybe I should've read it [emoji39]

Edited by Gen

Agreed, but his parents had to pay for it. Nobody hands them out for free or in exchange for "exposure". 

Maybe money from parents like pocket money etc.

But you never know and unless he or his folks say otherwise its speculation on how he got it.

Maybe money from parents like pocket money etc.

But you never know and unless he or his folks say otherwise its speculation on how he got it.

Would he have gotten time off if there was a supplier involved and he named them...or is his sanction based on his age and substance?

Well at least he is now wiki famous

What a legacy he will have

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heptaminol

“Heptaminol is classified by the World Anti-Doping Agency as a doping substance.[1] In 2008, the cyclist Dmitriy Fofonov tested positive for heptaminol at the Tour de France.[2] In June 2010, the swimmer Frédérick Bousquet tested positive.[3] In 2013, the cyclist Sylvain Georges tested positive at the Giro d'Italia.[4] In 2014, baseball player Joel Piniero tested positive[5] as well as St. Louis Cardinals minor league baseball player Yeison Medina.[6]

On March 22, 2019, Cycling South Africa reported that Ricardo Broxham has been sanctioned for an anti-doping rule violation of Articles 2.1 and 2.2 of the UCI Anti-Doping Rules after an in-competition test conducted on 18 August 2018 confirmed the presence of Heptaminol in his sample”