milky4130

Event Name: 2019 SRAM WC XCO Championships Race #4 Diamant Estate
When: 18 May 2019
Where: Diamant Estate, Western Cape
Category: MTB

2019 SRAM WC XCO CHAMPIONSHIPS & WC SERIES, RACE #4

MTB EVENT

Logo-temp.jpg

The Fourth Race of the SRAM WC XCO Series and the Western Cape Champs take place on the 18th of May 2019 at Diamant Estate, Suid Agter Paarl Road.
Online Entries
Entries will open on Thursday 2 May and will close on Monday 13 May
Late Entries: These are possible at race registration on the Friday before the event, however there will be an additional late entry fee of R50.
Entry Fee: The race entry fee is R 220 for Nippers and Sprogs and R 340 for all other age groups.
Cycling South Africa Membership and Licence Requirements: To register and race (and to qualify for regional or provincial colours), South African riders must hold a valid Cycling South Africa Membership or Cycling South Africa Full Racing Licence at the time of entry.
Juniors and Elites need to have Cycling South Africa Full Racing Licences and all other categories may have Cycling South Africa Memberships. For more information about Cycling South Africa, Click here
Please ensure that you have paid your Cycling South Africa fee. Kindly bring your printed Membership/Licence Card to registration.
Foreign nationals and others with valid reasons for not having Cycling South Africa Membership/ Licences may purchase a day licence at registration or via the entry process in order to race.
Enter-Now-1-300x96.jpg
Race categories, Entry fees and Race times
Race categories are based on your 2019 Birthday Age and not on your current age. For example, if you are now 10, but turning 11 on 20 December 2019, you are considered to be 11 for the whole of 2019 and will race 2019 as a Sprog.

Programme:

This is a provisional programme – please keep an eye on it for changes. (to follow)
Please be at the start at least 15min before your advertised start time – we can start early !

post-3951-0-44308000-1557844489_thumb.jpg

Course and distances (map to follow)
Full Route:

post-3951-0-52856700-1558084269_thumb.jpg

Nipper and Sprog Route:

post-3951-0-57102300-1558084285_thumb.jpg

Official and Compulsory Practice: There will be an official practice on xxxx 2019, from xxxx to xxxx. It is compulsory for Nippers and Sprogs to practice the course. This is for their safety – to give parents and riders the opportunity to identify which obstacles riders are not competent to ride and to ensure that they do not get lost en route !

If you wish to ride at Diamant Estate on any day before this event, it will not be part of this event and you need to purchase an the relevant entry tickets from the venue and you will be governed by their terms and conditions.
Technical/Feed zones:
As shown on the route map. Host venue
Diamant Estate is situated a comfortable hour’s drive from Cape Town International Airport. Not only is the estate in the heart of the Cape Winelands, but it is conveniently situated about halfway between the towns of Paarl and Franschoek.
The venues itself is set against the dramatic backdrop of the Paarl mountain, while breathtaking views from the front include an expanse of manicured lawns, vineyards and majestic Oak trees. You might even catch a glimmer of Table mountain in the distance.
Please visit Diamant Estate for more information.
Mountain Biking at Diamant Estate
Diamant Estate is on the doorstep of the extensive Paarl Mountain Nature Reserve. Sponsors
This event is made possible by:
Sponsors-Rehboks1.jpg

Go to Event Page

Edited by milky4130

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Final Event Is Upon Us, Round #4 last opportunity to gather valuable points if you want to end up Top 3 & claim Provincial colors, it also doubles up as the once of Western Cape Championships aka The Best on The Day. You know what to do, Get in There!

Well surely the course can't have more elevation gain per lap than the previous race......wait, this is Paarl and Champs after all  :blink:  

Well surely the course can't have more elevation gain per lap than the previous race......wait, this is Paarl and Champs after all  :blink:  

never say never

so this place is next to Fairview..... :eek:

Me thinks its going to have gradient from hell.

long range forecast shows 21 degree start for the SV, VM and Elites, No rain the wek prior to the event so you okes should have a lekker dry warm spin up and down the dale :drool:

• 2 weeks later...

I went and rode the Xco course today. Most of it is marked out so you could probably pull in anytime this week & ride it. I suggest to park at Spice Route and follow the Orange & Red arrows to get you the Xco loop.

It’s a toughie, today probably not the best day to go ride it as I’m still fatigued from yesterday’s Gravel Travel race. But it was hard and no place to recover ????

The soil is dry and is going to break up further, after plenty of folk descend on it for race practice and will be sandy in many places which will make it more difficult, especially on those many 140degress turns.

Hurry Hurry Entries are still open.

When do entries close?

Doubt i will be able to make practice. How is the course - technicality wise?

When do entries close?

It was meant to close last night but I was still able to enter today. You can enter on Friday as well or get someone to enter on your behalf.

When do entries close?

no gap jumps but plenty of small natural rock features, small drops, that you need to tackle at 90 degrees.