Carbon Bicycle Repairs - Durbanville

There are threads for the other bike painters.  In this thread we would love to see the artwork that came from CBR Durbanville. - https://www.carbonbicyclerepairs.co.za/

THANKS to Justine and James Perry at Carbon Bicycle Repairs in Durbanville, aka CBR Durbanville.

Justine was prompt in answering our calls, she met us at the shop front and talked us through the options.  Two emails later the price was confirmed and the bike booked.

The project .... breathing new life into a Mongoose that has spent too many lonely hours covered in dust in the back of a garage .....  Still the original tires, studds hardly worn off !!  But the shock seals have started perishing.

post-110956-0-56196300-1558363086_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-45553200-1558363349_thumb.jpg

The new owner, 7 year old Maritz, made his preferences known .... "light green", with a metalic finish.  And the paint job should incorporate the SA flag.  The rest of the design details he left to Justine.

The shock was black with blue decals to match the previous colour scheme ... :wacko:   Justine gave it one look and suggested a new set of decals to match the new paint.

This is what they delivered -

post-110956-0-26563000-1558363388_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-08330500-1558363449_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-83961700-1558363568_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-25707900-1558363711_thumb.jpg

Oooo, and that flag was painted in, colour by colour ...  :eek:   :thumbup:   Some serious attention to detail ! :clap:   And then they even gave Maritz a packet full of custom name stickers ....  :w00t:   :whistling:   Bit dangerous giving a kid stickers ...  :devil:

From handing in the bike to getting it back, 10 days.

We certainly are VERY happy customers !!

Edited by ChrisF

I will agree  - great communication goes a long way and they have got my brief right everytime and always done something a little extra

started with this giant anthem x - I had got bored of black and couldn't find/afford a new bike I wanted at the time.  Cheap upgrade really and the bike went faster

post-81229-0-35096000-1558366286_thumb.jpg

Edited by Waynemol

Keeping a keen eye on this because I have another project in the pipeline........and I'll need someone with extreme painting skills as well as an artists eye. :thumbup:

Keeping a keen eye on this because I have another project in the pipeline........and I'll need someone with extreme painting skills as well as an artists eye. :thumbup:

I'm testing them on steel right now - they have my newly acquired art decor colnago on the go

CBR did an awesome job repairing my Merida's cracked toptube and restored my bike to its original graphics.

post-50361-0-52524400-1558372420_thumb.jpg

Plan to take my ibis to them to restore some paint chips as soon as i have cash available again.

Can highly recommend their work

There is a nice price schedule on their wall .... never got around to taking a pic of it ... 

Think it starts from R 1750 for a basic respray.  With stickers, and the custom flag spray job we only paid a bit more.  But there were no repairs, etc ... so each quote do differ ...

Then you take the fully stripped frame to them, and you do the re-assembly yourself.  They DO offer the service to strip and re-assemble the bike.

I'm testing them on steel right now - they have my newly acquired art decor colnago on the go

I happen to see it this a.m, nice piece bro. Columbus Brain tubing, first for me, thought they only made the slx and sl

Thanks for the info Chris! Thats not too bad... I think I might treat myself to a new paint job in the future as a happy birthday to me!

ditto

There is a nice price schedule on their wall .... never got around to taking a pic of it ... 

Think it starts from R 1750 for a basic respray.  With stickers, and the custom flag spray job we only paid a bit more.  But there were no repairs, etc ... so each quote do differ ...

Then you take the fully stripped frame to them, and you do the re-assembly yourself.  They DO offer the service to strip and re-assemble the bike.

Lovely to see more artist out there.

Do you know what a full custom spray job would cost? Like if you did the frame, wheels, bars, etc... in more than a single colour? Like the camo one above maybe? I assume the single colour option is the R1750 option?

Edited by Patchelicious