Freedom Challenge Commentary

tubed

excellent predictions there Charl, it is a long spread this. With first riders leaving 11 June, and if the snakes take up to 15days it's ~10July.

June25th is a red letter day when it kicks off for real!

when 9 of the top12 times are outside a large brick building wondering where to go next

post-1830-0-35585100-1559822115_thumb.png

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See Carlog (of 'Musings of a Munga Novice' fame) in batch 2 RTR....good luck mate - can't wait for the story......

Is it me or the website ? Can't see the live tracking . Says coming soon ?

Me too!

Yoh, another super long day for the other half of batch 1.... not being familiar with the route, is it a tough day or did they just struggle?

Mike Woolnough off this morning. It will be interesting to see if he can get under 48 hrs to Rhodes. The weather will have to play along. He's quicker at the moment than I have ever seen him.

Edited by Dusty

Doesn't seem like the slower riders have been off route, so they are probably just slower.

Those are tough days they have just done, besides the route being tough with both days having massive climbs at the end and then still some longish rolling bits to support stations - the day just seems to go on forever. The rhythm of the trail generally gets better for riders who just stick to it, nice to see them sticking together as the sun goes down.  

Mike is going to be interesting to watch, he'd love to go under 48hrs.

Dont count out Janine - she's incredible if she's racing - hope Mark keeps up.

Axel and Daniel will also be right up there having previously finished well under 3 days.

We are in for a feast of refreshing pages over the next 48 hours.

Pse help again : are these guys and girls doing Race to Rhodes , not going on after Rhodes ? Their groups are all RTR .

Thanks

These current riders all stop at Rhodes.

RTR - Race to Rhodes

RASA - Race Across South Africa - these bunches only start on the 17th, they follow the same route as RTR to Rhodes, but just keeping going down the rest of the trail after that