947 Cycle Challenge 2019

Neville Bailey

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, I wonder what this announcement will be about?

They are cycling the wrong way again? So theĀ  old right (or wrong) way after they could not decide which way is the right/wrong way?

- 2019 route Map already published, same as last year....

- Too late to announce a short-route option...

Ā 

Stumped to be honest. But I am thinking it will be a bit of a gimmick and not a major deviation from what we are used to...

I see that development at Riversands are growing fast. I wonder how long till that venue is not usable anymore and a new start venue will be announced?

The reversed route makes sense for non cycling northern suburb resident as the majority of roads can be opened earlier, so it keeps the peace so to speak. I still think its harder this way round.

Ā 

I've heard mutterings that this is the last year 947 are media partners..

And from next year it will be a smoking 'hot' event with some other Jhb based regional radio station...

The reversed route makes sense for non cycling northern suburb resident as the majority of roads can be opened earlier, so it keeps the peace so to speak. I still think its harder this way round.

Ā 

And from next year it will be a smoking 'hot' event with some other Jhb based regional radio station...

that would be a HUGE surprise. It would also mean change in route distance to match the new station.

Ā 

Maybe they can finally make it a 100 km route, but guessing it will be somewhere in the 91 to 92 km region then......

- 2019 route Map already published, same as last year....

- Too late to announce a short-route option...

Ā 

Stumped to be honest. But I am thinking it will be a bit of a gimmick and not a major deviation from what we are used to...

Why? That is the big announcement imo.................

Why? That is the big announcement imo.................

Ā 

Especially after last years heat later in the day. That might be just the thing to motivate some of my less fit friends.Ā 

Ā 

And from next year it will be a smoking 'hot'event with some other Jhb based regional radio station...

Ā 

Ā 

Maybe they can finally make it a 100 km route, but guessing it will be somewhere in the 91 to 92 km region then......

HOT 91.9?Ā  Ā That is what I listen to and haven't heard Mansfield mention anything YET.

O, F@k.Ā 

Ā 

Apparently, it is to be 702.....

Ā 

CarloG and Vetseun have started training.

Imagine doing that far around Joburg, How boring.

HOT 91.9?Ā  Ā That is what I listen to and haven't heard Mansfield mention anything YET.

Great.... Now i have to listen to him at the start of the race ...... again......

Oh joy. The best. Cant wait.

Sarcasm off.....