Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

If it's a race, you can cheat.

Big cheat, small cheat. Cheat the prizemoney, cheat your competitors, cheat yourself.

Nothing new, not going away anytime soon either. I don't think anyone cares about anything beyond 4th place, so I wouldn't devote too much energy to someone bending the rules to get 13542nd place at the argus funride, but that's just me

I mean we had a winner that was caught doping, so cyclists are ok with cheats taking part..  :ph34r:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for those that used the Smart Shopper route to get an entry: How exactly does it work? I just bought the entry on Webtickets, but there is no indication that I'm now entered for the event with the minimal info they asked from me. Also no indication on Racetec that I'm entered for the CTCT2020. Webtickets just sent me a "payment successful" email, nothing else.

This will be my first road event since the Burger Sanlam 55km in 2000. Guess I should start looking at road bikes now.

I will get a custom shirt made - I am cheating

I'm just more curious to see if over 100km I'd be quicker or not

At the end of the day I'm going to be riding a steel colnago and 3 hours isn't going to be on my radar.  But my bike will be prettier than most

*in the continued vain of stalking, I do need to clarify whose bike .......*

#floggin' a dead (hopefull) horse

Since ebike's are allowed... Normal lube will not work on your chain 2f61ff2039ea8bbd7a5f5e6d6de3c5ff.jpg

So they just took motorbike chain oil and rebranded it?

Since it is essentially for the same thing. . . . :ph34r:

Since ebike's are allowed... Normal lube will not work on your chain 2f61ff2039ea8bbd7a5f5e6d6de3c5ff.jpg

if I apply that to a non e-bike, will I get gains ?

More viscous oil and higher dose of EP additives would be my guess. To better cope with the torque those motors output

I don't care about e-bikes, or marginal gains, or seeding, or lube or the weather on the day.

I am  just happy that I will no longer be associating with Iqbal Surve when I ride.

I gave up my decades old Cape Times subscription and stopped calling it the Argus a couple of years ago for precisely that reason - I "gril" for slimy eels.

I don't care about e-bikes, or marginal gains, or seeding, or lube or the weather on the day.

I am  just happy that I will no longer be associating with Iqbal Surve when I ride.

Agreed!

I gave up my decades old Cape Times subscription and stopped calling it the Argus a couple of years ago for precisely that reason - I "gril" for slimy eels.

Well said

Edited by edkin

Resolving to stop using that name for it too. Good point!!

It’s the August or fun ride world champs

I was so used to calling it the Argus, it took more than just a few years to re-train my brain to call it the CTCT......old dogs and new tricks and all that......but Surve and his way of doing things helped......aversion therapy I think it is called. :D  ;)

Edited by DJR