E Bike cheats

waynen

Is it just me that is getting more and more frustrated with Ebikes, i have participated in a couple races over the last couple months none of which had an Ebike category but there were multiple Ebikes in the race. I suppose it wouldnt make any difference if they did not have timing chips and did not place but these guys are cheating by taking chips.

MTB races are never easy particularly when there are big climbs involved so you bleed through your eyes to earn your place, its simply not fair to have someone placed better by cheating.

This goes for Strava Segments as well

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, every wheel turns a full circle...can't wait...imagine pushing an e bike up Gantouw pass in W2W

Not sure I would care unless they were taking first place away from me. One day one of their batteries will run out. Then you can laugh at them trying to push that 30kg bike up the hill.

Is it just me that is getting more and more frustrated with Ebikes, i have participated in a couple races over the last couple months none of which had an Ebike category but there were multiple Ebikes in the race. I suppose it wouldnt make any difference if they did not have timing chips and did not place but these guys are cheating by taking chips.

MTB races are never easy particularly when there are big climbs involved so you bleed through your eyes to earn your place, its simply not fair to have someone placed better by cheating.

This goes for Strava Segments as well

One consistency in most of the events I ride in SA was the ****** who tried to cheat, cutting corners, skipping sections of route etc. Never understood it as it was normally around the middle to back of the pack that I would see it. Ebikes are just another way for people to try and show that they are better than they really are. A bit like driving a fancy car that you can’t afford, it’s some strange way to try and pretend you are something that you are not. I got to the point where I just felt sorry for cheats.

Ebikes are just another way for people to try and show that they are better than they really are....It’s some strange way to try and pretend you are something that you are not.

Really? A sweeping statement don't you think?

I wish people would just get over themselves about this whole e-bike thing - They here and they here to stay. Cry a river, build a bridge and get over it. If 5 riders on e-bikes moved your position from 650th to 655th what does it matter ?. Your races should be about you competing against your own previous time or your own goal.

Did you enjoy the race?

Did you enjoy the company of your mates you rode with or against ?

Just for the record - I don't own a E-bike, don't care what bike you own as long as you riding and having a good time

I wish people would just get over themselves about this whole e-bike thing - They here and they here to stay. Cry a river, build a bridge and get over it. If 5 riders on e-bikes moved your position from 650th to 655th what does it matter ?. Your races should be about you competing against your own previous time or your own goal.

Did you enjoy the race?

Did you enjoy the company of your mates you rode with or against ?

Just for the record - I don't own a E-bike, don't care what bike you own as long as you riding and having a good time

Sorry with respect i must say that you are incorrect, for the majority of people that have entered a race their position is relevant and would prefer to be 650th and not 655th if 5 people had cheated in front of them.

What actually got me to post my rant was, this morning I rode a popular route in KZN, when i checked my Strava i saw that for one of the climbs A Hill (top SA rider) was 42 seconds and the KOM was 32 seconds. When i clicked on the name to see who the race snake was there was a pic of a man boobed chap on an Ebike.

For me in the first instance i want to improve myself and i give you 100% for that, but i also want to fairly compete against my fellow cyclists.

Every Segment on Strava is a challenge and i want to beat my own time and improve my position.

Really? A sweeping statement don't you think?

Forgive me - meant ebikes in non ebikes races

Another cry baby e bike thread.

I was just in Lake Como riding some truly ridiculous climbs. It was truly fantastic to see those climbs and those views accessible to people who could not otherwise get up there. E-bikes were EVERYWHERE.

If they weren't on e-bikes they would have instead been in cars clogging up all those hairpin bends. Viva E-bikes!

Working with time is a much better way to see if you are improving or not, rather than which position you came.

I improved my 50km time by more than 40min but because there was a lot more racers I finished 20+ positions back than last year.

Edited by Me rida my bicycle

Another cry baby e bike thread.

I was just in Lake Como riding some truly ridiculous climbs. It was truly fantastic to see those climbs and those views accessible to people who could not otherwise get up there. E-bikes were EVERYWHERE.

If they weren't on e-bikes they would have instead been in cars clogging up all those hairpin bends. Viva E-bikes!

What relevance does this have to the complaint that they are in non e-bike races?

And the cry baby comment it makes you come across as a little bit juvenile.