2020 Tour de France

pista

Doesn't help when besides the dangerous conditions there is also the usual odd idiot spectator as well...

From Twitter

'Pozzovivo on Instagram said that his crash was because of a spectator that was doing a selfie. He hit the phone with his helmet, making him and other 20 riders crashing'

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't help when besides the dangerous conditions there is also the usual odd idiot spectator as well...

From Twitter

'Pozzovivo on Instagram said that his crash was because of a spectator that was doing a selfie. He hit the phone with his helmet, making him and other 20 riders crashing'

nice action photo through....

idioot.

Non starters: 

- Degenkolb (time cut)

- Gilbert (kneecap)

- Rafael Valls (Femur)

Not a bad considering the mayhem yesterday. Feel for Degenkolb, on that kind of day you'd think they'd cut him some slack. He put a massive turn pulling Caleb back up as well.

The peloton is going to be a patchwork of gauze, bandages and tape today and the hotel bins will be stuffed full of shredded kit.

Wonder what Vino and Astana can be a d1ck about today? 

Non starters: 

- Degenkolb (time cut)

- Gilbert (kneecap)

- Rafael Valls (Femur)

Not a bad considering the mayhem yesterday. Feel for Degenkolb, on that kind of day you'd think they'd cut him some slack. He put a massive turn pulling Caleb back up as well.

The peloton is going to be a patchwork of gauze, bandages and tape today and the hotel bins will be stuffed full of shredded kit.

Wonder what Vino and Astana can be a d1ck about today? 

hahaha

I dislike Vino less than I dislike Lance and Riccardo Ricco......

So basically what I took from this, is that everyone in and around Nice drives restored and reconditioned 80's Land Rovers.....

It is Nice and it is filled with it's share of foreigners and farmers. [emoji6][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

hahaha

I dislike Vino less than I dislike Lance and Riccardo Ricco......

Dont be nasty ....

LA was the best in his time .... none of the other dopers could keep up with him.

AND LA actually managed to ride in the rain ..... even managed to drift off the road, down a grass embankment, onto the road to carry on racing ....  the wippersnappers still need to catch up the LA ....

UCI & ASO couldn't care less who falls, wins, loses, finishes, ends up in hospital ... they don't work for the riders, they work for sponsors and as long as the sponsors get their share of exposure, UCI & ASO get noddy badges on their scorecards. Much like gladiators, they don't care if the lion or the gladiator wins, they sell human drama.

If you look at some of the roads used in these races I would agree with you, I’m pretty sure some of the roads don’t met minimum standards for a race, yet they still use them (turn a blind eye), in particular road width, choke points and “street furniture” (a very common thing on euro roads) which can cause havoc in a large bunch of +100 riders.

Not sure how true it is but I saw a discussion last night about the slippery roads.Guys mentioned that one of the caravan sponsors is a detergent company and that they had thrown soap packets out that burst on the road.

From what I saw on tv there were loads of foamy spots on the route.This does make a bit of sense and could explain the chaos.

John,would have spoken to the team last night and would be interesting to hear his input.

Not sure how true it is but I saw a discussion last night about the slippery roads.Guys mentioned that one of the caravan sponsors is a detergent company and that they had thrown soap packets out that burst on the road.

From what I saw on tv there were loads of foamy spots on the route.This does make a bit of sense and could explain the chaos.

John,would have spoken to the team last night and would be interesting to hear his input.

Drove through a thunder storm last week and i saw the exact same white foamy looking water running down the road (hiway), think its more likely a product of heat on tar, fuel, oil, diesel that gets spilt on the road during normal usage.

Usually the caravan that precedes the riders are pretty good at throwing the freebies into the crowd and not onto the road