Durbanville Club Road Etiquette

Quagga

SNIP

Now to the shop just down the road from them, I hope you have a breakdown and people treat you with the same k#k attitude you did me.

Is that the shop that also has a "club" and they ride like they own the road?

#WhyMotoristshateus

Edited by Quagga

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the shop that also has a "club" and they ride like they own the road?

#WhyMotoristshateus

Care to expand on this statement?

I ride with them most weekends (if it's the same "club" you are referring to) and I ride mostly at the back, like a gatekeeper. The ride policy is that where there is a yellow line, no riding to the right of the line is allowed, unless there is a obstacle to be avoided, or cyclist to be overtaken. Only then do they ride in the "roadway" for the time needed to clear the obstacle, and then they move back into the yellow line.

Where there is no yellow line, single file riding is enforced, quite strictly so.

It is unfortunately not possible to do this 100% of the time, but they do not ride like they own the road, as you claim.

can't tell anything about the said "club", but last time I rode your side (wellington road) there was a group of about 100 mtbs (???) riding sometimes 3 next to each other, forcing me to go on the road to overtake them, which took a while as they were so many. In the meantime every car around was obviously hooting at me (like I'm not allowed to overtake like any other vehicule on the road).

I've always hated cyclists for that specific reason, now that I am also a cyclist, I hate it even more when I have to ride on the right side of the yellow line because some a*oles own the road and won't do the right thing and ride behind one another to allow faster riders to safely pass

Also, what it is with durbanville people, 90% of the cyclists ride fancy MTB's on the road ?  :whistling:  :whistling:  I do sometimes connect trails using a little stretch of road, but that last ride I did I was in the middle of nowhere and almost all the other cyclists I've seen where on MTBs, don't think there were nice trails anywhere close   :ph34r:  :ph34r:

To come back to the initial subject, only "giant shop" I know is the cyclery, and I'm 100% happy with their service, had a dropper seatpost fitted there one, then a major service done to my racebike. My front derailer broke during the service, they lent me a spare front derailer so that I could race the stellies tour (or not :D) while they waited for the replacement to be shipped from campagnolo. That's proper service

Edited by Jbr

Jbr, not this group, they are mostly roadies. 

Yeah, but where else can you brag with your fancy MTB than on the road? I mean, on the trails it will get dusty and dirty..... :whistling:  :ph34r:

Care to expand on this statement?

I ride with them most weekends (if it's the same "club" you are referring to) and I ride mostly at the back, like a gatekeeper. The ride policy is that where there is a yellow line, no riding to the right of the line is allowed, unless there is a obstacle to be avoided, or cyclist to be overtaken. Only then do they ride in the "roadway" for the time needed to clear the obstacle, and then they move back into the yellow line.

Where there is no yellow line, single file riding is enforced, quite strictly so. SEE PIC1

It is unfortunately not possible to do this 100% of the time, but they do not ride like they own the road, as you claim.

Was not the case when I rode with them.

No respect for road rules, more than one red light skipped when the group split

Nogal with the words "ROLLING" as they just went.

Side by side in yellow (I am all good with that) but then someone taking pics and video with his phone riding next to the others.

I addressed this on the group and then later a video was posted and I commented "idiots"

EDIT: Since I was accused of stealing the pics, here they are now at their original location on Facebook

https://scontent.fjnb10-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/82874280_3354570577946618_8798951258518978560_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=4d2SKxZsCnYAX-0rtJf&_nc_ht=scontent.fjnb10-1.fna&oh=f49a9ddabfef7e8ef82172350bff63c3&oe=5ED55DBC

https://scontent.fjnb10-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/82289956_3354570354613307_261556000723566592_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=2nOE0ZPpdVUAX8jn6Cu&_nc_ht=scontent.fjnb10-1.fna&oh=b46b0002ad1ce0b80c1cc62a0986e1c3&oe=5ED1D1F5

I was told to stop making negative comments?

So they see this as funny ? A roadie doing that speed while filming with his cell ?

Can not upload the vid, but here are some screenshots

Edit: I removed the pictures and added the url's

Edited by Quagga

I wanted to post the question "Coenie is that you?"

Was that vid of the oke on the "crawler" taken by one of the guys of this club?

Nah, not worth the effort to rehash this. You are of your conviction, no amount of debate will change it. 

I wanted to post the question "Coenie is that you?"

Was that vid of the oke on the "crawler" taken by one of the guys of this club?

Nah, not worth the effort to rehash this. You are of your conviction, no amount of debate will change it. 

Yes it is me, you can see my name on my profile.

Does not matter who took the video. What matters is the reaction to it. The "club" seems to think

there is nothing wrong with that video

Do you want to tell me that this behaviour is ok?

https://scontent.fjnb10-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/75204385_3138461739557504_6983456728390041600_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=LVmhksp-APIAX9skVA_&_nc_ht=scontent.fjnb10-1.fna&oh=9dbb78d30ca754f316346de3c5de02d4&oe=5EC99CE5

https://scontent.fjnb10-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/82532129_3342375075832835_7306958024516567040_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ohc=BT-NfmLcGhsAX9O9EhL&_nc_ht=scontent.fjnb10-1.fna&oh=c0d7b8cccdaf1ec489ce69f8c91273e6&oe=5E9430ED

And especially this.....

Lets take a selfie on a blind corner 

https://scontent.fjnb10-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p180x540/84143282_3382043955199280_5811492983765204992_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ohc=4IPwMbM_kDoAX-Fvhc6&_nc_ht=scontent.fjnb10-1.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=1fc98e0b8ca010b2aaf6a956b17bcacf&oe=5EC1DCCC

EDIT: URL to original images added

Edited by Quagga

Sjoe, ek is gelukkig nie op een van daai fotos nie. :whistling:

Coenie ou pêl, time to let it go. I know your ego got bruised, but you will get over it eventually.

Coenie ou pêl, time to let it go. I know your ego got bruised, but you will get over it eventually.

Not at all.

Just needed to it out there as there people make motorist hate cyclist more and what really gets me 

IT is where I RIDE. So their actions increase MY safety risk.

Edited by Quagga

Not at all.

Just needed to it out there as there people make motorist hate cyclist more and what really gets me 

on that topic....

Not at all.

I do seriously hope you have liability cover to post pictures of people without their consent while you batter them. This is technically Crimen injuria and can cost you dearly my friend.

Your ego seems to be bigger than your IQ.

I do seriously hope you have liability cover to post pictures of people without their consent while you batter them. This is technically Crimen injuria and can cost you dearly my friend.

Your ego seems to be bigger than your IQ.

Hmm those pictures are on Facebook so it is out there already

that last photo is worthy of a Darwin award

Actually no, that road is dead quiet and the distance to the corner is much further than what it might look on the pic. - In my view that pic is harmless unless you are digging for reasons to bash that group.

I think Quagga's heart is in the right place re road safety but he seems to have a long history of antagonising people who really should be on his side.

'n Paar bekende gesigte maar wou ook sê ek sien nie vir "wannebe" nie- jis jys gelukkig :clap:  

Yes it is me, you can see my name on my profile.

Does not matter who took the video. What matters is the reaction to it. The "club" seems to think

there is nothing wrong with that video

Do you want to tell me that this behaviour is ok?

attachicon.gifm1.jpg

attachicon.gifm4.jpg

And especially this.....

Lets take a selfie on a blind corner 

attachicon.gifm6.jpg

Jislaaiket...'n geseende Kersfees en voorspoedig Nuwe Jaar vir jou ook :clap: