Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

You dont need a mask as protection when running alone. You can use a buff to please the Karens.

That's not what was said and makes no sense, you may be running alone, but what about the other 10 people running alone and the people walking along or walking their dogs alone.

Running alone around the block in your quiet neighbourhood is different to running alone with a Brazilian other people doing the same thing on the Sea Point promenade.

Brace yourself.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is clear as mud?

Draft document says "People can excercise under strict public health conditions, subject to directions, which will exclude organised activities, recreational facilities and gym"

And then the journo's take:

You can excercise alone, but you cannot jog? Or is jogging something that is considered to be a group activity?

I'm really hoping this means I can go cycle on my own....

The jurno also said you can jog from level 3. I saw no disconnect from that and the draft.

While generally done alone, it like cycling is just as much a group activity.

It also states no recreational movement, running and cycling are both sport and recreation.

Running alone around the block in your quiet neighbourhood is different to running alone with a Brazilian other people doing the same thing on the Sea Point promenade.

Brace yourself.

Did NDZ recommend getting this?

The jurno also said you can jog from level 3. I saw no disconnect from that and the draft.

While generally done alone, it like cycling is just as much a group activity.

It also states no recreational movement, running and cycling are both sport and recreation.

I guess we should really wait for the proper announcement...

But since we can speculate, if you suggest there are no change from level 5 to level 4, what does "People can excercise under strict public health conditions" for level 4 mean?

There is a world wide shortage of masks.

And as we heard in the Thursday briefing there is a big scale cloth mask manufacturing project underway in SA..

Free would be great but that is not going to happen, what I would like to see is just a price cap placed on it.

prices are already dropping, as more manufacturers get on this band wagon ...

My neighbour can now have masks made, and embroidered for his business at R 40 per mask.  Further discount if he buys more than 100.

Here is some updated info and the article has attached the current draft proposal.

https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/level-4-lockdown-you-can-exercise-alone-and-no-visiting-friends-and-family-47190025

As the article states, jogging only from level 3, stands to reasons Cycling will be then at the earliest.

Travel is restricted to work only, no recreational travel.

Mandatory use of clothe masks.

Stores are to have temperature scanning in addition to the sanitizers and implement a system to control entry other than queuing, like a ticketing system.

Curfews from 8pm to 5am.

Some interesting changes from the previous "discussion document" to this "for public comment" document.

Our industry is already up from Level 2 to Level 3, at least most of our projects ... in this version of the draft documents ...

Let's see what gets Gazetted ....

Is the kickr core a medical device ? I need it delivered and couriers only allowed to deliver L4 listed items

I need a doctor to prescribe it - maybe Zumas doc can help

I have the same disease. Can you sommer get me a sick note as well.

If you characters are feeling strong and are on Zwift I strongly urge you to try Cape Epic Workout #6.

OMG!!!!!

I honestly think it's impossible to complete. Yesterday was the 2nd time I've tried it and I had to pause it several times for my HR to get to a point where my heart wasn't about to pop out of my chest. My step daughter was pissed off with me coz she could hear me grunting and swearing from the garage.

3 sets of 8*30 second intervals of 170% of FTP. Sounds fine and it is. but the rest periods between the efforts are only 30 seconds so you just can't recover. 

*Edit. I created the workout on Rouvy too for those that are on that platform.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Brace yourself.

Easily solved , everyone runs in the same direction - on the right pavement or right side of the road going against the traffic. So you don't end up passing lots  of people 

Easily solved , everyone runs in the same direction - on the right pavement or right side of the road going against the traffic. So you don't end up passing lots of people

And the guy in front is asymptomatic and then boom, everyone is infected.

Also pretty sexist presuming it will be a guy on the front.

Oh sorry, thought this was bike hub, not overly sensitive political correctness hub, my bad.

There is a world wide shortage of masks.

And as we heard in the Thursday briefing there is a big scale cloth mask manufacturing project underway in SA..

Free would be great but that is not going to happen, what I would like to see is just a price cap placed on it.

Sadly tho, the police on the ground dont seem to understand that!! Last week, we were issued a warning for selling fabric. Although, all those fabrics, elastics, and non wovens are used by customers to make masks!!

On saturday, the police forcefully closed a store in Vereeniging that has all its permits etc. Alot needs to be done to educate the police, but that is extremely short coming. I think this explains the poor policing in general as well. 

Oh sorry, thought this was bike hub, not overly sensitive political correctness hub, my bad.

You are the one worried about the flu though?

Edited by Pure Savage