Rouvy Online ride / race

SwissVan

I had wanted to do the Easter ride...registered...then didn't know how to access the race...maybe I need to complete one ride before it lets me enter a ride...

Any ideas?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my system working on a Bluetooth dongle that I picked up at a computer supplier for R159. Much cheaper that the Ant+ dongle cost!

I haven't been on Rouvy yet having only been on zwift since lockdown so it's a noob question - when you say you are riding the 2015 fire route of the CTCT does this mean there's a video of the route that speeds up or slows down depending on how fast you ride it?

Sorry, I missed this message - but I see others have already replied. I have found that it I ride too fast, the video will play intermittently until I return to a "normal speed".

In 2015 I actually did ride the route at the same time as the real race - just without video.  

I had wanted to do the Easter ride...registered...then didn't know how to access the race...maybe I need to complete one ride before it lets me enter a ride...

Any ideas?

What platform are you using?

• iOS has the three stripes in the top left corner, which opens the menu
  • Select Online Races
  • Look for the race you were wanting to race
  • The ones currently on the go shows RUNNING
    • My Races (at the top) shows the ones you've registered for;
  • Click on the race you're wanting to do
  • Register or Enter Race at the bottom of the screen

It then takes you to the race, and you can then warm up waiting for the start.

Attempted my first race this morning. All went well till 500m in. My avatar just stopped next to the road while I kept peddling like a hamster. Had to stop race and restart but by then everyone was almost 2km up the road.

That was a good mix of up and down and flat roads.

Thanks everyone.

Registered this morning, completely forgot. My bad! Looked like a nice route, I've never done the CTCT, virtually or in real life. 

Keeping a keen eye on the next route you're planning. 

I was ready to ride but had too many last minute issues. Sorted some issues out later then rode a normal route and everything seems to be working...waiting to join your next race.

Any ideas?

No need to complete one ride, if you have a Rouvy login and your IDT is set up then you should be able to access any race on the normal Rouvy virtual racing menu.

My interface on PC is different to what you have described but I've registered for CTCT race tomorrow...hope I can ride it...

I'm not sure if the PC and laptop are the same, but here is the procedure from my laptop:

Assuming you have already registered for the ride (race):

Login to rouvy

- Select "Online races" from the menu bar (LH side on laptop)

- Select "Scheduled" 

- Scroll down the list to the race you have entered or want to enter

(Some races are private and will need a password, so if you cannot proceed this may be why)

- Select the race

- Select enter race (you could also register if not already registered)

- Select "Start Online Race" (Top RH)

The race will then load, this takes a few seconds and your screen might go blank for a short while.

- After a few seconds you should be on the start line which will have a count down clock in the middle of the screen saying: 

"Warm Up Online race will begin in 00:15: 45"

You can now warm up and adjust the power setting according to your desired effort.

The race will automatically start at the stated race start time (it might be worth checking your computer time is set to your correct local time, exact as possible)

Sorry, I missed this message - but I see others have already replied. I have found that it I ride too fast, the video will play intermittently until I return to a "normal speed".

In 2015 I actually did ride the route at the same time as the real race - just without video.  

I foudn the same. best is to down load he route prior to riding it. Then it will be smooth