Percussion massage gun

JJ

Has anyone used one of the percussion/vibration massage guns on the market? Any good? Did it actually help, or is it just another useless toy?

Any reviews would be great.

I recently got a cheapie from Takealot for R750. It helps me, have been religiously using it and can feel a difference, less pain in the legs after hard days.

Has anyone used one of the percussion/vibration massage guns on the market? Any good? Did it actually help, or is it just another useless toy?

Any reviews would be great.

The one is more effective that the other, but it depends on what you want to use it for...  :ph34r:

image.jpg

sportneer-massage-gun.jpg

The one is more effective that the other, but it depends on what you want to use it for... :ph34r:

image.jpg

sportneer-massage-gun.jpg

Haha best reply ever. Thanks for the laugh.

My Chiropractor uses something similar and it releases soft tissue that locked-up, for me the couple of time I went there it helped quite a bit, have not tried the cheapie ones.

What would be the advantage of this over a foam roller? 

easier to use I guess... and doesn't hurt as much on the quads.

But I still use both, the gun is just convenient.

edit.

Edited by Veebee

easier to use I guess... and does hurt as much on the quads.

But I still use both, the gun is just convenient.

That roller on the quads and ITB area is murder.

I purchased mine (same as the link) in march 2020.

Love using it. 

Myself and my wife use it daily. Its a helps with the calves after a run, and great for the quads. 

It just helps with the release if the sore muscle. 

We do functional fitness, cycle, run and it helps across all the muscle groups. 

The idea is not use it as a massage tool, but more of recovery tool. It helps focus on certain areas that need attention. 

I went with this unit, as it was "cheap" and came with a 6 month warranty, so if it breaks within 6 months, i can go back to takealot. After 6 months, i can "write it off" as it would have been cheaper than a whole bunch of physio sessions.

I just pulled the trigger on one. Will give feedback on it. Hopefully it works.

it works, thats for sure. As mentioned above, use it as a recovery tool. Your legs will thank you.