Garmin Down For Maintenance

Kom

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can still share on Strava by Uploading the .FIT or .GPX File manually. :thumbup:

It's been Down the Whole Day

Edited by dasilvarsa

Paired my watch at about 10:00.

Came back from an afternoon ride ... Maritz had a couple PB's, but now we wait for Garmin ....

So did a ride really happen if we cant upload it .... (really need Sans Font on the phone)

For those of us with non-Garmin units, yes. :whistling:

Ek het het n Polar .... but Garmin did not even have the decency to let me know in advance that I should rather leave the 520 and 130 on charge ...

Garmin connect is the shittest app in all the world.. It's merely a conduit to get your activities into other apps.... Except for today

Sorry, cant agree with this.

Garmin Connect is more than I need for my data.

I do have Strava, but hardly use it, as Connect is good enough for me.

Even tried their map making function, does the job.

As for "user friendly" ... it all boils down to wjat you are used to. Going from Polar to Garmin I really missed the Polar app .... applied my mind and figured out where the functions are and how to use it.

Sorry, cant agree with this.

Garmin Connect is more than I need for my data.

I do have Strava, but hardly use it, as Connect is good enough for me.

Even tried their map making function, does the job.

As for "user friendly" ... it all boils down to wjat you are used to. Going from Polar to Garmin I really missed the Polar app .... applied my mind and figured out where the functions are and how to use it.

If you want to keep track of close friends activities you have to dig through some menu.. find the person then look at that activity.... Go back... Go to the next person.. Look at that activity

Gear management is also pretty useless

Haven't looked if you can setup private segments to keep track of your fitness/progress

My point is.. It's very clumsy

If you want to keep track of close friends activities you have to dig through some menu.. find the person then look at that activity.... Go back... Go to the next person.. Look at that activity

Gear management is also pretty useless

Haven't looked if you can setup private segments to keep track of your fitness/progress

My point is.. It's very clumsy

GC is about ME. And I like that. I can see all my stats, efforts, numbers etc, without being bombarded with 'fred joined cycle 100km in july' challenge.

It is nowhere near as social as Strava, but I doubt that was their intention anyway. Strava got good traction as the not so serious athletes could record their activities without needing a dedicated device. Had strava not allowed this feature, I doubt it would be as popular today. As prices of devices fall, fewer people make use of Strava to record activities, but they have the user bases, so their popularity has a great foundation to grow on

They are still down. 

if its true that they have been hacked, it is bad form that they have a banner up depicting that they are down for maintenance. And if that’s true, their maintenance guys are freaking slow. Either way, they should be transparent. We have paid for our multiple devices, and still we are the product. And if our data has indeed been compromised, this is a lot more serious than 300 vitality points, or no strava kudos today. Aside from login data, Connect knows where everyone lives, where we ride, run, holiday etc.

When they come back up, Strave is gonna be bombarded. 

They are down for a multi day maintenance window to deal with a ransom ware attack.

You will be able to sync again in a few days.