Pyga arrogance / bad service [resolved]

DMJ

Since my OP Pyga have got in touch - which I commend them for.

I spoke to Pat Morewood who explained that what happened to me should not have happened, and the person I had been dealing with is no longer working for them from the end of this month. He is also not a senior person as I had been led to believe.

Some of you need some clarity:

1. I never said the Mobu is 2 years away. I said they said they are not replacing the Stage with the Mobu imminently. They are different bikes. The Stage will be sold for at least the next 1 to 2 years. I was advised that the Mobu is nowhere near to release. I have no other info.

2. When you want to buy a car, you can test drive it first. My whole gripe (which I told Pyga about when I dealt with them at the time) was how can they expect me to part with my cash, without allowing me to even try the bike (I even asked for a car park test). It seemed a bit smug.

3. Like when you have bad service or food at a restaurant, you are entitled to post a negative review. On this Bikehub we support each other with advice and reviews. The fact that you are not going back to that restaurant does not mean you cannot give a negative review.

4. There has been no suggestion from Pyga that I was making up any of what I said. To the fanboys who say I am I liar, without any facts - really?

I was impressed with how Pyga have dealt with it. My impression that they are arrogant and do not care about us locals anymore was perhaps misplaced.

It is a pity I was not able to deal with someone else at Pyga when I was keen to buy. But I do have a great new bike which I am very happy with and already shredding on the trails.

I will not be commenting further unless necessary. I just wanted to report that Pyga have reached out and did the right thing. They seem to be good guys. I just had a bad experience - it happens.

Have a good weekend.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to Pat Morewood who explained that what happened to me should not have happened, and the person I had been dealing with is no longer working for them from the end of this month. He is also not a senior person as I had been led to believe.

1. I never said the Mobu is 2 years away. I said they said they are not replacing the Stage with the Mobu imminently. They are different bikes. The Stage will be sold for at least the next 1 to 2 years. I was advised that the Mobu is nowhere near to release. I have no other info.

2. When you want to buy a car, you can test drive it first. My whole gripe (which I told Pyga about when I dealt with them at the time) was how can they expect me to part with my cash, without allowing me to even try the bike (I even asked for a car park test). It seemed a bit smug.

3. Like when you have bad service or food at a restaurant, you are entitled to post a negative review. On this Bikehub we support each other with advice and reviews. The fact that you are not going back to that restaurant does not mean you cannot give a negative review.

4. There has been no suggestion from Pyga that I was making up any of what I said. To the fanboys who say I am I liar, without any facts - really?

I was impressed with how Pyga have dealt with it. My impression that they are arrogant and do not care about us locals anymore was perhaps misplaced.

It is a pity I was not able to deal with someone else at Pyga when I was keen to buy. But I do have a great new bike which I am very happy with and already shredding on the trails.

I will not be commenting further unless necessary. I just wanted to report that Pyga have reached out and did the right thing. They seem to be good guys. I just had a bad experience - it happens.

Have a good weekend.

A factual account confirming what many expected - unusual poor service from Pyga from a guy who clearly doesn't fit their image and sorted out by Pat as expected

Sorry you didn't get a Pyga and Pyga didn't get a new team member and sorry that some doubted your experience - hopefully you get some hours in on your new bike and I look forward to pictures

Have a good weekend.

Well done to Pyga for having dealt with this issue in such a great manner. Mistakes happen from time to time, but how you deal with them is often what sets you apart from the rest.

This is the kind of thing that people will remember when they buy a bike. I certainly will.

So you had issues, couldn't resolve them and voted with your wallet.

Why start the thread now?

If your intention was to give them a wakeup call, then your tone was wrong.

If you're trying to drive fence sitters away from their brand then you're a bit of a spokespanner.

If you're trying to tarnish the brand the internets seem to to have answered the issue of Pyga's service quality.

I think OP’s final post explains exactly why he did and should have started this thread.

Had a bad experience, shared it, got a reaction, raised attention to the right person which lead to what appears to be a good conversation and parties left amicably. One could say a Hub success.

Edited by WrightJnr

Full disclosure - I am a pyga owner, and have dealt with Pat and the guys many times over the years.   I have no other connection to the team of guys or the company, other than being a big fan of their homegrown success and awesome products while others in SA moan and whine

on tuesday of this very week i discovered a crack on my 4yr old Pyga Stage chainstay and send a pic to hilton at pyga to see if it was serious.  within less than 48 hours i have in my hands a replacement chainstay (couriered from PMB) at a deep discount and the bike will be rideable tomorrow, less than 3 days later.  this is one of my many unbelievable service experiences i have had with the pyga guys

Now, it seems your unhappiness stems from not being able to visit the factory, and according to you, being denied an opportunity to ride a bike. 

I have to say that your story sounds incredible, given that the guys go out of their way to respond to customers. the long list of positive comments above back this up. I think a right of response by pyga is warranted, and maybe from the very person you claim to have spoken with. 

For my 2-cents worth, I find this difficult to believe.  But lets just for argument sake accept your story for the moment - ok, the guys said there is no bike for you to test ride.  does this justify a topic heading " "PYGA ARROGANCE/BAD SERVICE"?  This drips with cancel culture viciousness designed to cause maximum reputational damage out of the most innocuous event, and is disgusting.  Arrogance?  Look it up, but then maybe the irony is lost here. 

You also claim they told you the mobu is "nowhere close to being released".  On this I WILL call you out and challenge this as being a complete lie.  Maybe you felt the need to embellish on the fact that the production has been delayed into october, but I have kept close tabs on the mobu, as I have paid for a mobu frame and have been kept up to date on the progress.  So what motivated this comment - to hurt a SA homegrown success story some more?

Not really sure what motivated you to attack a great SA brand for no reason -  maybe it feels  good breaking others down, but I know they will continue to move from success to success.  Can any of us say the same?

So did you have to pay a discounted price for a part that failed, or was the courier fee discounted?

So did you have to pay a discounted price for a part that failed, or was the courier fee discounted?

both - the okes were golden

both - the okes were golden

Cool. So the chainstay failure was not covered by warranty, or had the warranty expired? Asking for a friend.

Glad it was sorted and the truth came out eventually.

With the eye watering, car rivaling prices these new high end bikes are going for these days, companies must probably accept that demo bikes (In every size!)are a must going forward. I get that not all of them produce the numbers of say a giant or trek or spaz, but you just cant expect someone to drop 200k on a bike or 100k on a frame without ever throwing a leg over it. The days of going to a bike shop and choosing the one with the nicest color are over imo.

I know my measurements quite well...and use the geometry numbers on sites to draw/CAD out my bikes in the spec i will build them for those numbers...and thats how i know they will fit. Not everyone can or wants to do that.

Jeez. This thread is starting to read like a bakkie bashing thread on the 4x4community.

Guy relates bad experience at a Toyota dealership.

Couple of guys agree.

Couple of Toyota guys tell him he is wrong and shouts "how dare he?"

Land Rover guy is chirping that they should not forget about Landies.

Ex Ford Guy posts about how his bakkies gearbox nearly exploded, nearly killing himself, his family and fifteen other people around them.

Someone posts a Amarok vs ranger tug of war video.

Mitsubishi guy is sitting in the corner, mumbling to himself while holding a spoon for some unexplained reason.

OP comes back and says another Toyota dealer gave him better service, including a bad cappucino with the demo vehicle, but that he decided to buy an Isuzu after he test drove one.

Jeez. This thread is starting to read like a bakkie bashing thread on the 4x4community.

Guy relates bad experience at a Toyota dealership.

Couple of guys agree.

Couple of Toyota guys tell him he is wrong and shouts "how dare he?"

Land Rover guy is chirping that they should not forget about Landies.

Ex Ford Guy posts about how his bakkies gearbox nearly exploded, nearly killing himself, his family and fifteen other people around them.

Someone posts a Amarok vs ranger tug of war video.

Mitsubishi guy is sitting in the corner, mumbling to himself while holding a spoon for some unexplained reason.

OP comes back and says another Toyota dealer gave him better service, including a bad cappucino with the demo vehicle, but that he decided to buy an Isuzu after he test drove one.

Hammer meet Head of nail 

The only brand that will get my money again is Evil. I don't think I can ride anything else again.

For the last 3 years i used to think the same,until very recently.So much so that I got 2 mates on an evil bikes.

As someone else said on this thread,no brand is perfect!

Edited by Pikey

Not even Spez????

I suppose that would depend on who you ask. Edited by Pikey

For the last 3 years i used to think the same,until very recently.So much so that I got 2 mates on an evil bikes.

As someone else said on this thread,no brand is perfect!

What could possibly replace perfection ????