Stolen: Cannondale Supersix 2020 (Cape Town)

Pure Savage

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you survived and are ok enough to write here.  Sorry for this.

Is this Ocean view outside Kommetjie?

I'm glad you survived and are ok enough to write here.  Sorry for this.

Is this Ocean view outside Kommetjie?

Correct, near the 4 way stop before misty cliffs.

I'm really sorry. It is such a nasty story and physical damage, mental damage and overall healing is super important. Take a few deep breaths, don't put yourself under any pressure and just enjoy the journey of getting strong and fit again when you are ready.

I'm sure you know all that but sometimes a reminder is good.

I wasn't really following the other thread or if anyone mentioned it, but after the well documented saga of your stolen bike, CC and the outcome, is it far fetched to believe it was a calculated hit?

Heal up and please go to trauma counselling or guidance. Stuff like this can really mess you up and the long term effects are pretty bad.

Sending bro love

I read (might be wrong) you mentioned the car was already traced/tracked down. Also...the pic of the broken wheel indoors? Was it retrieved? Your story these last few weeks, my experience, as well as reading about all these negative things happening really has me pondering giving up cycling. There is no joy in fearing for your life every second you are out and about in this broken country. It drains the fun out of it. I’ve been riding in suburbia these last few weeks and it sucks ass. I’m seriously considering taking up something else.

Seems the only safe place (from scumbag humans at least ) is in the water somewhere....

I read (might be wrong) you mentioned the car was already traced/tracked down. Also...the pic of the broken wheel indoors? Was it retrieved? Your story these last few weeks, my experience, as well as reading about all these negative things happening really has me pondering giving up cycling. There is no joy in fearing for your life every second you are out and about in this broken country. It drains the fun out of it. I’ve been riding in suburbia these last few weeks and it sucks ass. I’m seriously considering taking up something else.

Seems the only safe place (from scumbag humans at least ) is in the water somewhere....

Yeah this pretty much sums up my thoughts as well at the moment

... There is no joy in fearing for your life every second you are out and about in this broken country. It drains the fun out of it. I’ve been riding in suburbia these last few weeks and it sucks ass. I’m seriously considering taking up something else.

And here I am, just starting cycling again after 16 years, after getting over my fears....and getting serious doubts because of what I'm seeing. Zwift is an expensive alternative, and not nearly as freeing. 

And here I am, just starting cycling again after 16 years, after getting over my fears....and getting serious doubts because of what I'm seeing. Zwift is an expensive alternative, and not nearly as freeing.

We can not let fear rule our lives.

Almost all these mugging incidents relate to solo riders. Joining a few friends on rides will greatly improve your safety.

.... and this from somebody that ride solo to our trails on a regular basis ...

Driving to MTB trails, then riding in safe areas is your other option.

We can not let fear rule our lives.

Almost all these mugging incidents relate to solo riders. Joining a few friends on rides will greatly improve your safety.

.... and this from somebody that ride solo to our trails on a regular basis ...

Driving to MTB trails, then riding in safe areas is your other option.

Agree, we cant let these f****** win.

Agree, we cant let these f****** win.

Unfortunately the f****** have already won. The day we put up our electric fences and burglar bars. The day we cant allow our children to roam freely. The day we have to alter our cycling choices. That's the day the f****** claim victory. That day has already come in SA.

Unfortunately the f****** have already won. The day we put up our electric fences and burglar bars. The day we cant allow our children to roam freely. The day we have to alter our cycling choices. That's the day the f****** claim victory. That day has already come in SA.

Sad but true !

Really sad to hear about this incident so soon after your last experience.

I am just really saddened and puzzled about the complete disregard for human life in the attempt to take a possession. At the end of it, it seems all they got was a mangled frame and a wheel yet were willing to endanger multiple lives to get it. 

Yes, I call this phenomenon of sequential escalating incidents just that; escalation...

We’ve learned howto protect our cars,our homes, our businesses, even our families, but out cycling DOES seems to be a popular target...

Reason I say that is my mate Andrew got jacked on the CORNER of Kommejie and Ocen View road 18 months back, then, living in Scarborough he avoided Ocean View, and the got bike jacked and assaulted cycling up to Cape Pont Gate not 6 months later...car passed him slowly, did a U turn, 3 of them, grabbed his bike, and roughed him up, at a fit 100kg, he landed some punches, (reflex, I guess) but they got his bike.

Will find outthe car make...

Luckily I am a eternal optimist.

We don’t believe the attack was linked to anything previous. We were probably the first group they got to, the whole cycling community has been amazing. The thought of not seeing my young fam was tough while being hit my the car.

Ok, promise, this is the last stolen cannondale thread from me for 2020

Luckily I am a eternal optimist.

We don’t believe the attack was linked to anything previous. We were probably the first group they got to, the whole cycling community has been amazing. The thought of not seeing my young fam was tough while being hit my the car.

Ok, promise, this is the last stolen cannondale thread from me for 2020

Hopefully it is the last one, but not because you ditch the 'dales