Broken Bridge on Spruit

Nancy Drew

So last week I noticed that 2 planks had been removed from the little bridge at the bottom of the Delta Park section of the Spruit..

This morning the bridge is in tatters and the pool of blood on the broken wood indicates that some poor mtber came off second best Cry

I hope that whoever it was is ok.

I imagine that if we wait for city parks (or whoever is responsible for the maintenance) we're gonna wait a long time for someone to fix it..

I don't have the tools or the know how on how to fix a bridge or I would do it myself... so here's the deal:

I will sponsor the materials to have it fixed if one of you kind hubbers can sponsor a bit of your time and elbow grease...

how about it?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ClapClap Good on you nancy ClapClap just a pity i am a bit far from the spuit but i am sure one of the able bodies in gauteng will help !!!!

DD.... you're the man!!!! WinkBig%20smileClap

When you're available I can meet you there to assess the damage so you can let me know what needs to be purchased?

Thanks dude!!

Well done Nancy' date=' I must come ride the spruit one day.

[/quote']

It's my regular Saturday morning ride.. you're always welcome to join!

Well done Nancy' date=' I must come ride the spruit one day.

[/quote']

It's my regular Saturday morning ride.. you're always welcome to join!

Thanks look forward to it.

Great initiative, Nancy! Good on ya! ....and thanks a lot for your willingness to help, DD. Awesome stuff!

The woodwork was pobably relocated to some shack dwellers place of entertainment to fuel the fire for their Friday night p!ss-upAngry

The woodwork was pobably relocated to some shack dwellers place of entertainment to fuel the fire for their Friday night p!ss-upAngry

Hmmmmm, that's quite a statementAngry

Well who else would have reason to vandalise public property and endanger the lives of innocent law abiding people?Confused

it looks more like it's rotted away. if it's the one i think it is, then it's more than 2 planks... i'd say in the region of 6 or 7 in total to get that safe... i walked it but still held my breath.

good on both of you nancy and dd for getting it sorted.

Great initiative' date=' Nancy! Good on ya! ....and thanks a lot for your willingness to help, DD. Awesome stuff![/quote']

oh, blah, blah, blah, blah...nancy, see you on breedts nek tomorroW! and only kidding, well done girl for trying to make the spruit a safer place!

Great initiative' date=' Nancy! Good on ya! ....and thanks a lot for your willingness to help, DD. Awesome stuff![/quote']

oh, blah, blah, blah, blah...nancy, see you on breedts nek tomorroW! and only kidding, well done girl for trying to make the spruit a safer place!

Yet again...... you were no where to be seen when Nancy Drew needed some assistanceWink

Is Nancy pulling or pushing you up Breedts nek?Wink

Well who else would have reason to vandalise public property and endanger the lives of innocent law abiding people?Confused

Kids who think they're being funny and need a fat PK.

Although the bridge needs serious work as a whole, the missing planks have definately been ripped up. Doesn't look like it was for the wood as there are plenty loose pieces left as well as large splinters, seems more like blatant vandalism.

My business partner and I shall get out there tomorrow afternoon with the materials and patch it up as well as notifying City Parks.

As mentioned the bridge as a whole needs to be repaired properly, especially the side rail and also the wood really should treated at least once a year.

Many thanks to Nancy Drew for supplying the materials, keep the receipts, maybe City Parks shall reimburse you.