ALIASLeon

images/addcomment.GIF -->

TIME
DATE SUBMITTED
14:28:51
Mon 20 Feb 06

http://www.hellopeter.com/images/mailtofriend.gif

THE INCIDENT
And there I was left amazed on Saturday afternoon by the best and friendliest service I have received in a long time.

On Saturday afternoon I was driving past Tour de Frans Cycles with my family and decided to see if the shop was still open, even though it was just past 2pm and they do close at 2pm. To my luck they were open. Clearly very busy and finalising things for closing time, a friendly gentleman asked if he could assist me. I was interested in a particular bicycle and this gentleman gave me some details on the bike. He then took me to the owner, Frans, who was very friendly and helpful. To my amazement, the gentleman who assisted me was not even an employee of Frans', but a friend.

This was now already 14h15.

Frans took my measurements and realised that the bike I was interested in was too small for me. He then insisted to lend me a bike for my race on Sunday. The bike was quickly set up for me and he told me to enjoy the ride and that I can collect my "Roles Royce" fully equipped (plenty extras given free of charge as well) on Monday evening.

They are open until 7pm during the week to accommodate us working cyclists.

Frans, you are the best! You have my support!

Fantastic!

SUPPLIERcyclelab

LOCATIONFourways
Fourways
South Africa

CONTACT NO.(011) 707 2700

INDUSTRYRetail

DATE OF INCIDENTFri 10 Nov 06

PERSON RESPONSIBLEAndrew McLean

SPECIFIC AREAFourways

ALIASSean

images/addcomment.GIF -->

TIME
DATE SUBMITTED
13:27:37
Mon 13 Nov 06

http://www.hellopeter.com/images/mailtofriend.gif

THE INCIDENT
I recently enjoyed one of the most amazing service experiences when i went to upgrade my bike for the 94,7 cycle challenge. After shopping around with all the other cycle shops, I entered the cyclelab in fourways and was treated professionally by a team of people whose expertise was very impressive and was the finest service experience that I have had this year. As a result I am more than ready for the 94,7 next week. Thank you to Andrew, Brian and Daniel

i can vouch for Frans Big%20smile if he weren't so far away my loyalty to linden might be subjected to serious pressure

TDF is my best LBS, his shop is usually open tiil about 19.00 but he will stay open even later to help you. Once i Censored up my brakes on the bike and took it to him to fix just before closing time. I had Censored my brakes up so much they had to keep the bike overnight to fix, got a call the next morning telling me the bike is ready and the cost was NIX.

Proud to say our club kit has his logo on. Approve

You also dont wanna go pick a fight with his assistant Riaan as he is a big dude. LOL

Guest Michelle

hellopeter.com is  a great website.  I have used it a number of times to deal with complaints.  The response time can be pretty quick when the company is registered.. banks & cellphone companies get back to you within an hour!  Apparently some companies have people allocated to deal with hellopeter complaints every day.  I had a problem with FNB homeloans & the regional manager dealt with it...  no more struggling with call centre people!!! Thumbs%20Up

Tour de Frans is a great shop with great staff.

Bought my road bike from him.Its out of the way but worth the trip.

The kind of service I get from Ruan and Fritz at FPC.Top notch and personal.

hellopeter.com is  a great website.  I have used it a number of times to deal with complaints.  The response time can be pretty quick when the company is registered.. banks & cellphone companies get back to you within an hour!  Apparently some companies have people allocated to deal with hellopeter complaints every day.  I had a problem with FNB homeloans & the regional manager dealt with it...  no more struggling with call centre people!!! Thumbs%20Up

Hmm, yes, "hello peter" has its advantages, but I think its also somewhat abused unfortunately, to the extent that certain major retail companies have threatened law suits against users who post defamatory or fictitious accounts on line.

Needs to be taken with a pinch of salt I think.

On TDF cycles, I must agree, I dont deal much with local shops but after a crash at the Lost City race, I dropped my bike off at TDF cycles with the very basic instruction of "Fix it" - they did an excellant job, kept me informed all along what they were doing, had it ready on time, the cost was actually less than I expected, and to this day, I say, fitted the best Bar tape I have ever used.

Certainly one of the more professional operations around.

Tour de Frans has always been a top place to conduct business. Frans' love for the sport is glaringly evident.

I also use hellopeter.com a lot and get some good responses from it.

One thing to bear in mind though, is that to become a 'company that responds', you have to pay a fee.

I have also heard that this 'fee' can be anything that Peter Cheales wants it to be.

So just remember that when complaining on this site.