Pretoria danger areas

Evan Andreou

I see every time they mention these criminals staying next to the monument . On which side ? I have never seen anything in the area to indicate that there are scum staying there . 

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere that in the last two weeks it was hectic at klapperkop.

Apparently a few muggings, a rape case as well as a body discovered.

Anyone know of this?

I read somewhere that in the last two weeks it was hectic at klapperkop.

Apparently a few muggings, a rape case as well as a body discovered.

Anyone know of this?

:eek:

Three muggings. Two rapes and a body found!

More information please .I use this area 3 times a week .So do many of my mates .Nobody that knows anything about this around here

Cannot seem to find anything about it on the net, did a quick search though. Would be nice if we could get some more info here. Lots of huys still riding amd running there solo, not me, i stopped going there while ago.

post-18513-1438017296,3431.jpg

Think this is where the news originated though I also got it from a friend of a friend.

I train at Klapperkop at least once or twice a week diffirent times of day and often alone and there are so many runners, cyclists, etc there i feel very safe! there is also a lot of police cars driving up and down.

Touch wood nothing has happened there in a while!

I was bike jacked at Voortrekker, also a lot of runners, I also felt safe. only takes a matter of seconds for them to tie you up and throw you in a ditch.

• 2 weeks later...

Although obvious to some, I have to report that the PTA CBD should not be regarded as safe. A bunch of thugs attempted to hi-jack me yesterday at about 12:00 on the corner of Struben & Es'kia Mphahlele but fortunately did not achieve anything due to help from my cycling buddy and a motorist who stopped and pointed a very large gun at them.  :clap:

Although obvious to some, I have to report that the PTA CBD should not be regarded as safe. A bunch of thugs attempted to hi-jack me yesterday at about 12:00 on the corner of Struben & Es'kia Mphahlele but fortunately did not achieve anything due to help from my cycling buddy and a motorist who stopped and pointed a very large gun at them.  :clap:

Used to travel that road daily.  Was my route home after work.  Knew it would just be a matter of time.

I hear a mother and her two daughters was attacked in Groenkloof over the week end.

His been mentioned under the Klapperkop thread.

what is the safety situation at Groenkloof to date? i've not cycled there for months, since all the incidents and attacks there. has it improved, or is it better to stay away?