Pretoria danger areas

Evan Andreou

This is the 5th or 6th one in this area in the last month. It seems to be getting worse again.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mtbbiker

Please give me a shout if you need to borrow a bike or two for Sani2C.

Would be terrible to miss Sani2C becasue of a 'jacking'.

Depending on your sizes we can try get you a Cube demo bike or two to use next week.

Wow, go Cube

Great to see someone providing some goods news in such a negative story

Hi mtbbiker

Please give me a shout if you need to borrow a bike or two for Sani2C.

Would be terrible to miss Sani2C becasue of a 'jacking'.

Depending on your sizes we can try get you a Cube demo bike or two to use next week.

Darryl,

Thank you for the offer; I must say I am again truly and pleasantly surprised and humbled by everybody that offered encouragement and support. I am truly proud to be part of the Cycling community. Etresia sent an email to Farmer Glen on Sunday and he arranged a bike for her today.

I don't know how to thank all that offered their help.

Edited by mtbbiker

Darryl,

Thank you for the offer; I must say I am again truly and pleasantly surprised and humbled by everybody that offered encouragement and support. I am truly proud to be part of the Cycling community. Etresia sent an email to Farmer Glen on Sunday and he arranged a bike for her today.

I don't know how to thank all that offered their help.

Eugene,

I hope Etrisia is okay.

<DIV> </DIV>

<DIV>Are you sure it is the Ben Schoeman. BS is the section of the N1 from Buccluegh to Brakfontein Interchange, Danie Joubert is from Brakfontein to Scientae interchange. The section from Brakfontein to Potgieter street will have a P or R number. Not sure what it is.</DIV>

I believe it is the onramp to the N14. Bit confusing as it becomes N1 (BS) if you carry on straight towards Sandton :-)

Two mates got attacked in Irene, behind cornwall hill, one of them seriously injured...attackers were clearly old hands at mugging...

Something needs to be done about centurion, at leat seven incidents in the past 6 weeks...

This is pathetic and a shame to say the least. How can this not be a priority for SAPS?!

I'm not exactly sure where it happened, I only heard about the incident yesterday morning at our fpc outride...it happened two weeks ago, the okes were late for the group outride, so they decided to go it alone....

We need to have a solid chat with local police, get a sponsored/loan bike or two if need be for a police officer, and get some protection...

• 2 weeks later...

Another one this past Saturday morning at about 8.30. Three cyclists were held up on the dirt road behind the cement factory. Two black men armed with long kitchen knives interested only in cell phones and money. They got away with two cell phones. Did not take the bikes and there were no injuries.I spoke to one of the victims, Alexander Beukes, this morning. I have asked him to report the incident to the SAPS for what it is worth. This seems to be the eighth one in the last two or so months in the Irene area.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi

I don't have too much detail, but there was another Hi-Jacking in the Irene Area on Saterday (Towards Oliefantsfontein)4 guys with knives and an Ax overpowered 3 Guys and took their bikes. Coin Security Guys caught up with the Hi-jackers in an unmarked vehicle but the hi-jackers ran into the veld when they realised that they are being followed. One of the victims is a Preacher at the Pierre van Ryneveld Community Church.