Welvanpas MTB trail

the pooks

Rode the white route today. It is my opinion that the Welvanpas trails are on top of the list when it comes to MTBing in the Western Cape - the miles of singletrack and varied scenery put it in a class of it's own.

The route colour codes are a little puzzling - I would have gone White=easy, blue=moderate red/black=hard. In this case the White route is the hard one. Will also pester Dan so that he provides shower facilities - there are many stunning places in the Paarl/Wellington area to eat afterwards - provided you don't smell like a sweatshop.

Do yourselves a favour and experience the naked (*) beauty of the Boland!

(*) OK - I'm fantasizing

Oh boy - can't wait to hit this again. Did it more than a year ago - can't believe I haven't been back yet - but will be making a plan soon!

Anyone got the total distance of the White Route?

• 1 year later...

Right next to Welvanpas is Val Du Charron an olive and Wine estate. You should really pull in there for a bite to eat after your ride or if you are keen to ride around the paarl and Wellington area I suggest you stay there. The owners are great and the place has breahtaking views.