mdk555

CarbonBoy ' date=' TiBones - what are these plates made from?[/quote']

Ti, like any good Litespeed.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went for surgery today, doc says the holes from the screws will close in 6 to 8 weeks. Even though I'm pretty zonked on drugs it feels much  better.

Here's the plate

20090729_134221_Photo1.JPG

Thanks for the update RM

Let us know in about 2 weeks when the drugs wear off....check if you get more/less movement

Do you feel lighter? Big%20smile

Broke my collarbone, had it plated in October. Rode Sabi Experience in December / enjoyed my holidays.  When I went for X-ray in January the screws had pulled partially out and the one end of the plate had lifted. Doc mentioned that he used a thick plate as he had had patients who had broken the plates. Maybe he thought I looked mad.  Became pretty uncomfortable.  Each time the kids gave me a hug they head butted the plate and I kept knocking it on other things. Had it out in May - in early in the morning, home by lunck time, no pain. Now I have a plate a 6 screws in a plastic packet as a momento.

• 1 year later...

Had my plate in from a motorbike vs Taxi showdown for going on 18 years now never had a hassel :mellow:

Message from Clinic

...DEAR MDK 55

Doc has replied:-

...WTF ? ! ......my hands were so slippery with the blood and sh!t ...I knew I dropped my bike lock Key somewhere....

Please return asap

post-1291-094176400 1281693424.jpg

Cool pics! I've got a collection at home of X-rays - face, hand, collarbone, foot but nothing with plates / screws luckily.

Hope you heal fast! Indoor trainer is your friend.

the holes heal but are a little weaker - i'd "done" mine oct 2006, had plate out in may 2007 and when i popped my ac joint etc in oct 2007 i did add a hairline fracture where one of the screws had been - but that healed up in 10 days