Brooks Saddle: Big, ugly, and oh-so-comfy!

RodTi

Before

post-3611-0-76745300-1332852907.jpg

And this is how you REALLY don't want to look after yours...muddy SS race in Oak Valley.

post-3611-0-09482400-1332852973.jpg

I had the saddle on my all weather all condition no maintenance ride race commute have fun love it don't fuss about it steel SS....but had regrets after the day above and decided to mount my Selle for wet winter months instead...the Brooks is just too beautiful to ruin...

post-3611-0-66767200-1332853159.jpg

Theeezz eeezz awesomeness! :thumbup:

Had a bit of rain during my last race... popped a PnP packet over it, that I keep in my camelbak, just for this reason... used it when waiting around for the start... Since I'm not strong enough to climb standing :P - I took it off and my butt kept the top clean and dry(ish)... the underside was hammered, but I always had a thick layer of proofide on the bottom in any event, that seemed to do the trick... On this point - always let it dry as naturally as possible - no quick-fix solutions, or you'll be in trouble....

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Between the swallow & the swift, which one is more like the 'ordinary' saddles? I currently have a Sella Italia C2 but want to put a Brooks saddle on a new build. I have only heard great thing about these saddles.

• 3 weeks later...

Between the swallow & the swift, which one is more like the 'ordinary' saddles? I currently have a Sella Italia C2 but want to put a Brooks saddle on a new build. I have only heard great thing about these saddles.

The Swift is a "modern" Brooks saddle, first released in 2008. It's slightly cheaper than the Swallow, but comes with the copper rivets at the back, which imo are the deal-clincher...

The Swallow is pretty much made as it was originally in 1937, and comes with the steel rivets at the back, which are smaller.

I have the Swift, and am loving it - cannot vouch for the Swallow, but the fact that they still sell it unchanged as it was in 1937, no doubt tells its own story... kind of like a Zippo I guess?

• 1 month later...

I have a copper riveted B17 special on my road bike...... freaking awesome, is what I say!

Best saddle ever!!

BTW - I have a Selle San Marco Rolls on my CX bike. This comes very close to the Brooks in the comfort stakes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Burp ... I just got an itch to buy a Brooks now as I was reading Bicycling Science. I'm glad to see the B17 Honey its cheaper local than from CRC :)

Now to explain to wife why I'm not buying groceries this week - anybody want to buy my Go Pro Naked?

Burp ... I just got an itch to buy a Brooks now as I was reading Bicycling Science. I'm glad to see the B17 Honey its cheaper local than from CRC :)

Now to explain to wife why I'm not buying groceries this week - anybody want to buy my Go Pro Naked?

I'm looking at the moment for my new build, they certainly don't come cheap. Even the older used ones are just as expensive as the new ones on E-Bay. Did you check out this site locally?

• 2 years later...

Any Brooks Swift owners around these days? I am looking at getting one. Any input advice will be most welcome, thanks!

Any Brooks Swift owners around these days? I am looking at getting one. Any input advice will be most welcome, thanks!

Don't have a Swift, but stuck one of these on my Trance about year ago...

As the thread heading says: might be Big, might be ugly, might even be "heavy", or "expensive" (I paid R1200), but oh boy, it sits like a Lazyboy...

No more saddle sores, no more lamgat, no more dead nether-regions, just best saddle ever (imo).

post-57300-0-39266800-1458290097_thumb.jpg

Don't have a Brooks on my MTB (yet) but have this '57 Brooks Professional on my Colnago Master pista.

post-44986-0-19704100-1458295344_thumb.jpg

post-44986-0-45635400-1458295362_thumb.jpg

post-44986-0-70767700-1458295363_thumb.jpg

Don't have a Swift, but stuck one of these on my Trance about year ago...

As the thread heading says: might be Big, might be ugly, might even be "heavy", or "expensive" (I paid R1200), but oh boy, it sits like a Lazyboy...

No more saddle sores, no more lamgat, no more dead nether-regions, just best saddle ever (imo).

Warthog, is that a B17?

Warthog, thanks for the test ride today, much appreciated. :thumbup:

Holy smokes, this saddle is very, very comfortable indeed. Even without padded shorts. Wow.