Silverback Alpine Review please

bandicoot

Hi,

I'm planning on buying a 2010 Silverback Alpine (for R3500-00 new). Can anybody please comment / give advise on my choice ?

Thanks a lot

I bought one in July

Nice bike @ nice price

Used it in 2 races and ridden it about 5 times thus far - so not an expert opinion by any means. (Road 1st, 2nd, 3rd, MTB 10th Big%20smile)

My experience is that the bike offers all I want/need at this stage. Its heavier than most out there, but its rigid, can take some hammering and goes fast enough for my liking. Obviously being a hardtail, technical sections are a big test.

I managed a top 20 and top 45 finish in the races, so if you belive its about the bike - it can go some...

good luck with the decision

• 2 weeks later...

bandicoot - what did you decide - just so happens I might be looking at buying the same bike, but not sure if i should hold out for a better spec second hand one

Hi Lori,

I'm really really happy with the bike. I actually got my wife the Alpine Femme version and she's also very happy.

I haven't taken it to the 'bush' yet but so far no complaints. Gear shifting is smooth, disc brakes excellent....I'm very happy.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

its not about the bike !!! as long as you enjoy being out there on your two wheels having fun clean air and just being with like minded people who are also having fun !!! just enjoy your bike and what you are doing with it !!!Wink