#numbercollectionsmustfall : PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

Spinnekop

Hi

Happy to collect for you if you wish. i will go and collect my number on Friday morning if that helps. By the way, the race is on Saturday, which may make it difficult for you if you only arrive on Saturday evening.

:clap:  :w00t:  :oops:

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest notmyname

Hi

Happy to collect for you if you wish. i will go and collect my number on Friday morning if that helps. By the way, the race is on Saturday, which may make it difficult for you if you only arrive on Saturday evening.

VARK. Thanks for the offer Wahoo, seems I've cocked it up properly. Will have to convince my boss lady to try change my flight to Friday evening if possible. Fly in to JHB straight to BRB... fun times.

So this seems very inefficient , but  as a noob i may be missing something 

If cycle events can pick up that I have a race teq chip surely they can pick up the fact I have license or get me to put in license number failing that charge me for a day lic.

Than print race number , glue to board and done .

You and I already have a unique number: it's on our license.

We might as well just punch a hole through our license cards and attach them to our number holder.  Print a larger copy and stick it to the pocket.

You and I already have a unique number: it's on our license.

We might as well just punch a hole through our license cards and attach them to our number holder.  Print a larger copy and stick it to the pocket.

I like it!!  heheheh.

You can only see that CSA tannie giving you an ear full on the starting blocks with her card full of holes...... :clap:

• 1 year later...

6 Years and we are all still forced to flock to the collection tables. 

I have not bought a SINGLE item from the shops that facilitate this.  I just want to race.

CSA, Gauteng Cycling, Race admins.  No one has come up with a good enough plan yet. 

6 Years and we are all still forced to flock to the collection tables.

I have not bought a SINGLE item from the shops that facilitate this. I just want to race.

CSA, Gauteng Cycling, Race admins. No one has come up with a good enough plan yet.

Maybe this is as service postnet or a simliar entry time and they print it when the seeding is done - you go and collect there - easy... personally I like permanent numbers and juśt change the stickers - still local collection of stickers would be a winner - race organisers need to join the 21st century...

I can't understand how the paddling authorities can get this right, and the cycling not.  You get your number from CSA (Canoeing SA) after you paid a minimal yearly membership, you stick it on your boat, and you race, every race, every year that you pay your membership.

In my view, as we are now forced to join CSA, they should issue a race number for life.

As first timers, you pay for your printed race number, there after its yours.

It could either have a timing chip or bar code on it.

To race:

You enter and pay online with your number above.

At the event you get scanned in via barcode or timing chip.

Do your race.

After the race:

If you did not enter but raced anyhow - Score DNE and after three offenses, barred from CSA

Did not pay entry fee - Same as above

Started in incorrect group - 1 hour time penalty - so no seeding gains here, second offense 2 hours etc

For once off social riders, have a temp number collection point on race day.

To me the key is to get CSA to offer us more than a compulsory membership to ride our bike, but a centralized race management system.

I am going to fake my numbers until such time that organizers make a plan that doesn't involve me having to drive all over the show, to collect something that can be emailed or even posted, if they want to print it themselves.

I am tired of being inconvenienced for their lack of innovation.

You can board a flight without having to collect anything ffs!!

I am going to fake my numbers until such time that organizers make a plan that doesn't involve me having to drive all over the show, to collect something that can be emailed or even posted, if they want to print it themselves.

I am tired of being inconvenienced for their lack of innovation.

You can board a flight without having to collect anything ffs!!

Patch be feeling grumpy today.....not used to seeing you loose your cool.

Patch be feeling grumpy today.....not used to seeing you loose your cool.

Hehe, no cool lost.

But genoeg is genoeg, all these positive suggestions are getting us nowhere. It seems that in this country negative actions are needed to get a positive reaction ????

My wife just raised a good question because I was ranting about this to her...

Why even collect your number if your chip is linked? Just go ride without your number. I can't remember the last time my number was checked. I'll just print the race number that is smsed to me and attach to my seat post for VA and say that my back number fell off on the way to the start.

Badabing!!

Archived