Rudy Project vs D'Arcs

So last year I was saving up for my Rudy's and having a little hubber the inevitable happened and never had the cash.

Today I went in for my eye test as I'm getting some D'Arcs instead.

After the test I had to fit on the samples and they did not have D'Arcs in stock. So they said they where prepared to give the Rudy's for the same price as the D'Arcs.

Big%20smile

I'm like what. The owner knows I wanted the Rudy's and did not have the cash. This is like Christmas in June.

So I try on the Rudy's and nice Big%20smile

What a bargin, R2K off the RSP.

They then found a pair of D'Arcs that a customer had not yet picked up and I tried them on just to compare before I pay for my Rudys.

No way, I now understand why so many Hubbers swear by D'Arcs.

They where so comfortable and fitted like a glove.

So yeah, even at the same price as D'Arcs, I turned down the Rudys.

EDIT: The optom admitted that they could not sell the Rudy's and everybody was buying D'Arcs.

cbrunsdon2010-06-04 03:44:40

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious? Don't get me wrong, D'arcs are the best in their price range but can not compare to Rudys.

Are you serious? Don't get me wrong' date=' D'arcs are the best in their price range but can not compare to Rudys.[/quote']

Well the D'Arcs are way more comfortable than the Rudys. I'm looking for functionality and not status.

...but , if won't hurt as much when you step on your d-arcs as when you'd step on your Rudys!!!

So... What you are trying to say is given the option to choose between a Mercedes/Audi/BMW and a Geely/GWM/Tata (at the same price) you'll rather go for the Geely/GWM/Tata.

Logic FAIL!

Are you serious? Don't get me wrong' date=' D'arcs are the best in their price range but can not compare to Rudys.[/quote']

Well the D'Arcs are way more comfortable than the Rudys. I'm looking for functionality and not status.

Confused You must have a weird head...Darcs fit like welding goggles

Go for the Rudy P's.

You can always buy the welding gogles at a later stage at the same cheap price where as you WON'T sommer again have the same opportunity to get Rudy's at that price......

Two sets of sunnies NEVER hurt any one.  Thumbs%20Up

I am with you I dont buy according to brand names if something works for you then that is the best one for you. Dont care what other people think.

Confused You must have a weird head...Darcs fit like welding goggles

Actually I do.

For me I don't care about looks more comfort. My eyes are extremely sensitive to light and I have to wear prescription lenses.

you're very very strange... head/shape/fit wise... i've had d'arcs (when i was still sort-of-able to use contact lenses) and i've had bolle's (sponsored) and i've got rudy's. i also have a pair of safety goggles for when working with an angle grinder etc. the d'arcs fit like the safety goggles. i only used them for the abseilling and water-based legs of adventure races. the rest of the time durign those events i used the bolle's (with inserts). when the bolle's went bye-bye in a cycling crash i replaced with the rudy's based on comfort.

the d'arcs also never came remotely close to cutting the glare to same extent as the bolle's (and the rudy's are better). the visual clarity also was way sub-standard to those other two.

obviously if you don't need the inserts and level of glare-reduction then sure, d'arcs are the best of the cheaper options and definitely will result in less tears if something happens to them (which is why i did use them when i visually could)

I would like to add, and might clear up some confusion here as to my descion, the Rudys in questions are more than 2 years old. I don't know the Rudy range but these looked similar to the RB3s.

For some reason these Rudys (there was also another pair that looked like D'Arcs) cannot be adjusted. This is a problem for me as normal glasses sit skew on my face.

cbrunsdon2010-06-04 04:28:36

Aha.........then its not your head but your ears.Can't adjust those !

Sounds like your chum was trying to dump old stock on you.

You should have taken the rudys sell them and bought 2 or 3 pairs of Darcs. But thats just me....