buycycle

Omlette

It was MTN Cycling that supplied them with our E-Mail addresses. I tracked it because I use aliases for all internet communications. So I recieved the mail sent to mtncycling@mydomain.bla. That is the mail address I used for registring for the OFM Classic. I explicitly make sure I check the option NOT TO forward my details so according to the new consumer act we do have a case against them.

Sweet, so can we sue them for millions?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the newsletter on my work email and personal email. Don't mind it though. It's only if they send a few mails a day that I'll get upset

It was MTN Cycling that supplied them with our E-Mail addresses. I tracked it because I use aliases for all internet communications. So I recieved the mail sent to mtncycling@mydomain.bla. That is the mail address I used for registring for the OFM Classic. I explicitly make sure I check the option NOT TO forward my details so according to the new consumer act we do have a case against them.

What are you doing Gatiepie?

Are you an American?

Has receiving this piece of mail harmed your person in any way?

Then you need not refer to the new consumer act.

Us Windhoek drinking South Africans don't sue new small businesses.

Always keep it real,

and remember... I'm watching you <_<

I didn't say sue them. I said we have a case against them (pop them a mail and tell them to get lost)..... :rolleyes:

I don't have the time or will to sue anyone. And the new consumer act is only in effect from about October I think.

I received 2 mails....by the way, did anyone get a mail re Nissan?

I get all mail from Fritz Pienaar to the same address; MTN Series, NISSAN Series (all Advendurance Events mail).

I also see that Entrytime uses that address to send mail to me.

I also got two - one to my home address and one at work :angry:

I haven't subscribed to any MTN stuff, but Nissan for the Nissan series. Other than the hub, and the Nissan series, the only other cycling related subscription I have (or website I visit) is tread mag.

What's the difference between a catfish and a spammer?

One is a bottom dwelling, **** sucking loach - the other is a fish.

Also got one.

Just think, if these guys go about it unethically to get your information, just image what they are going to do when they have all of your info and Credit Card details once you have bought from them.

I will never buy anything from these guys.

Go to the bottom of the mail - click there and all the moaning will stop, instantly... WOW!!!

Local is lekker! I DO NOT approve if my details were sold, but i'm sure i will support them for various reasons, one being i can find them if they sell me ****...

Unless the mail turns to spam...

www.buycycle.co.za was registered in Wessel Van Der Walt's name... FPC Cyclesport Club.. ring a bell? :o (checked on http://co.za/cgi-bin/Whatelse.sh?File=buycycle.2)

What I find rather interesting is the similarities in the description of the Terms and Conditions for section "Exchange/Refund: Damaged/faulty items" of buycycle and the "Faulty, Damaged or Broken" of

chainrecationcycles....

Compare http://www.buycycle.co.za/terms-and-conditions.html and http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Information.aspx?TranslationLargeID=4

I got the mail and was rather pleased - not that I'm in the market for anything right now but the crank length article was informative.

Click "unsibscribe" - easy as that.

Got the email as well. I have never signed up for an email so this is most definitely spam, and its illegal. Not that there is anything I can do about it. While we may have a really advanced communications act that makes spam illegal, I don't know of a single case in South Africa where spammers have been prosecuted.

So the only thing I can do is not buy from this shop, regardless of how good the prices and service are.

Click "unsibscribe" - easy as that.

No its not. Spammers know they are breaking the law and view an unsubscribe as a confirmed email address that they can add to their priority spam list for future spams.

Velo is right, sometimes its best just to hit delete and not to click unsubscribe as this shows activity.