Classifieds Feature Requests

RodTi

I would like to see the following:

1.) A section clarifying who pays for postage - or what postage will cost/is being charged;

2.) Whether the seller has a preference to only sell to Hubbers in their immediate geographical area;

3.) Also, although the question might be pointless, it is asked numerous times: "Why are you selling?" - i.e. Reason for selling?;

4.) Comprehensive description of the condition of the goods - generic terms such as "as new", "used once", "straight off a new bike" should be clarified - possibly by having a post put up where Hubbers can suggest the 'definitions' of these and similar terms - and then have each seller 'pick' on or more of them, as radio-button options - in a compulsory manner when posting a new 'for sale' advert. If the Hubber is forced to select one of the options, he/she should then be more careful about how they go about describing their goods, and ensuring it links up to which ever 'option' the had to select... [hope this makes sense? :)];

5.) Payment terms might also be included as an option - it might open the door for some who would be willing to have payments made over a few months - before transferring the goods?;

6.)If a seller will only release upon funds being cleared - this must be stated - together with what the buyer requires as a "proof of payment"...

My 2 cents!

Don't know if this is possible at all, but maybe an advanced registration option if you want to sell things on the Hub. E.g. you have to send a copy of your ID to admin. Then you are registered as a seller. This could possibly hinder scamming. Nothing will ever stop it.

If the positive (less scamming) outweighs the negative (bit of an admin schlep) then it is good?! If you are a legitimate seller you wouldn't mind this at all.

I would like to see the following:

1.) A section clarifying who pays for postage - or what postage will cost/is being charged;

2.) Whether the seller has a preference to only sell to Hubbers in their immediate geographical area;

3.) Also, although the question might be pointless, it is asked numerous times: "Why are you selling?" - i.e. Reason for selling?;

4.) Comprehensive description of the condition of the goods - generic terms such as "as new", "used once", "straight off a new bike" should be clarified - possibly by having a post put up where Hubbers can suggest the 'definitions' of these and similar terms - and then have each seller 'pick' on or more of them, as radio-button options - in a compulsory manner when posting a new 'for sale' advert. If the Hubber is forced to select one of the options, he/she should then be more careful about how they go about describing their goods, and ensuring it links up to which ever 'option' the had to select... [hope this makes sense? :)];

5.) Payment terms might also be included as an option - it might open the door for some who would be willing to have payments made over a few months - before transferring the goods?;

6.)If a seller will only release upon funds being cleared - this must be stated - together with what the buyer requires as a "proof of payment"...

My 2 cents!

I think that if anyone asks 'why are you selling', their account should be immediately disabled :clap: The most meaningless question ever posted on a sale, the person is selling coz they would prefer money to the item, simple!

Waiting for payment to clear or not is a very subjective thing... If I sell to an old hubber with a reputation I will often not wait, new people I generally will wait. That is generally by agreement between the parties and not a pre-determined outcome. Most people are happy to pay for goods from me as they can see I've sold a lot, but for someone without a reputation they wouldn't part with money as easily.

The rest of your points make perfect sense and would be useful...

You also don't want to overcomplicate the process of posting ads so I think having all the fields as options is fair, but only make the genuinely NB ones required fields in order to post the ad.

On the same topic, this thread was started in August, when can we expect it to be launched?

I just wish people would describe things better in their headings. "Groupset for sale", "Cluster", "Wheelset" don't cut it - is it road or MTB, which brand or sub-brand, etc. These things can't be mandated but hell, use a bit of common sense!

On the same topic, this thread was started in August, when can we expect it to be launched?

Hi guys,

Thanks for the input. Judging from the requests and comments I think you'll be quite pleased with the new classifieds section.

I've had some delays on my side with development, but am on track to have the first version up by 20 Jan.

Matt

• 3 months later...

Adverts need to be reviewed before they become active.

Moderators should review the content and also whether the ad is in the correct section of the classifieds before it become active.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

How do you browse through just the "Wanted" ads in the classifieds? If I want to post a "wanted" ad, do I do it the same way as if I'm selling something?

How do you browse through just the "Wanted" ads in the classifieds? If I want to post a "wanted" ad, do I do it the same way as if I'm selling something?

• Just go to the "Narrow your search" block on the left
  • Click on Type which will expand to show the options
  • Check Wanted
  • Press Filter Ads

classifieds wanted filter.png

dealer section perhaps

and this goes for other areas in the forum too, perhaps a dealers section would be nice, people like asg always have news to add, maybe a dedicated section ? throwing it out there

• Just go to the "Narrow your search" block on the left
  • Click on Type which will expand to show the options
  • Check Wanted
  • Press Filter Ads

post-2-0-05555700-1328606529.png

Thanks for that :blush:

• 4 weeks later...

I have a problem in my profile, Marketplace.

If I choose view all ads I cannot see anything, I cant see my closed ads or deleted ads. But if I close an advert, then I can view the other ones from the same link, then I can reopen the ads I want again.

But not from the marketplace home screen on my profile.

I run Firefox 10.0.2

• 4 months later...

how about adding a SIZE filter to the Classifieds?

i hate having to through L bikes, when i'm looking for a small.