My new Prescription Glasses

Caerus

This is what R2100 will get for you in in terms of Full Prescrition Lensed Sunglasses B) , they come with anti-glare and anti-scratch and are full transition as well. This is not to brag, but advice for any people wanting/ or even thinking of getting prescription Sunnies for riding. Ive ridden for 10 years battling to see properly <_<

So sooooooper stoked :D they only took a day to make up. So I will be trying these out tomorrow, Im so damn excited :) Also had my new parts fitted to my bike and my new tubeless wheels sorted out(its a long story, stupid LBS)

I cant wait to ride tommorrow, it feels like its christmas :D

post-13006-091517200 1285264355.jpg

post-13006-076258700 1285264364.jpg

Realy nice. I battled with the same problem and got a pair of D-Arcs with the inserts but would love a pair of photocromatics as changing lenses all the time is a schleb. B)

You do realise that photocromatic/photochromic & Transition lenses are pretty much the same thing B) . Its marketing mumbo jumbo, from what Ive been told by two differant optomotrists now. If you dont mind me asking what did you pay for the D'arcs with the lenses included?

You do realise that photocromatic/photochromic & Transition lenses are pretty much the same thing B) . Its marketing mumbo jumbo, from what Ive been told by two differant optomotrists now. If you dont mind me asking what did you pay for the D'arcs with the lenses included?

:)

Yep that's why I am so jealous :) . My normal glasses have been photochromatic since around 1978

Paid R350 for the D.Arcs (2 set of lenses) and around R600-900 for the plastic lenses as they have no scratch coating on did not think required as they are sitting in other lenses. Lenses are also not Bi or Tri vocal as those add a monstrous amount of money to the price. Getting to the old age eye problem years...:D :D :D

Unfortunatly with my eyesight and stigmatism I had to go this route - Would have been a pleasure to have gotten something cheaper, but I think I got a great deal, considering Rudy Project wanted to charge me R5000.00 just for the lenses alone :lol: (they having a laugh that bunch)

Unfortunatly with my eyesight and stigmatism I had to go this route - Would have been a pleasure to have gotten something cheaper, but I think I got a great deal, considering Rudy Project wanted to charge me R5000.00 just for the lenses alone :lol: (they having a laugh that bunch)

Yea I can relate to that my eyesight was -7.5 and -10.5. I had to remember where I put my glasses otherwise I never find them again. Had an eye op so much better today but yes old age is coming and I can see next time it is bi-vocals or something.

Rudy project is crazy with prices like that.

PS Weather is a bit windy here at Durb's Airport

Yea I can relate to that my eyesight was -7.5 and -10.5. I had to remember where I put my glasses otherwise I never find them again. Had an eye op so much better today but yes old age is coming and I can see next time it is bi-vocals or something.

Rudy project is crazy with prices like that.

PS Weather is a bit windy here at Durb's Airport

I used to just use my normal day to day glasses for riding, costly mistake. So having these will definatly help thats for sure B)

You down for the long weekend I take it? :D I hope u brought your bike

I used to just use my normal day to day glasses for riding, costly mistake. So having these will definatly help thats for sure B)

You down for the long weekend I take it? :D I hope u brought your bike

Yep did the same thing and yes took a few falls and have holes punched in the side of my head by the frames with stitches required and yes broken frame the end result.

Would have wished to stay but on the way home had some business today at the Petrol Boys.... :D

Yep did the same thing and yes took a few falls and have holes punched in the side of my head by the frames with stitches required and yes broken frame the end result.

Would have wished to stay but on the way home had some business today at the Petrol Boys.... :D

The Petrol Boys? :unsure: Sounds like a hard arse gang, lol.

Wow, great price. I got D'Arcs with inserts this year and it was R1200 including my eye test. That was the limit of my budget at time of purchase.

Happy with them but would really like full prescription one day. The price you paid is tempting me to do that soon.

This is what R2100 will get for you in in terms of Full Prescrition Lensed Sunglasses B) , they come with anti-glare and anti-scratch and are full transition as well. This is not to brag, but advice for any people wanting/ or even thinking of getting prescription Sunnies for riding. Ive ridden for 10 years battling to see properly <_<

So sooooooper stoked :D they only took a day to make up. So I will be trying these out tomorrow, Im so damn excited :) Also had my new parts fitted to my bike and my new tubeless wheels sorted out(its a long story, stupid LBS)

I cant wait to ride tommorrow, it feels like its christmas :D

Hey Crack, what is the model/ name of your new specs? tks

I looked at following this route a while ago, but ended up using contact lenses and I am really glad I did ... can easily rough play with my kid and not worry RE the specs getting damaged anymore ... this is just one of the many advantages.

Out of curiosity ... what is the view like on the peripheral ... any distortion?

I looked at following this route a while ago, but ended up using contact lenses and I am really glad I did ... can easily rough play with my kid and not worry RE the specs getting damaged anymore ... this is just one of the many advantages.

Out of curiosity ... what is the view like on the peripheral ... any distortion?

Its fine, not too bad, very slight distortation. ;) I cant wear contacts otherwise I would have gone that route for sure.