Fundraising Ventures - Advertise here!!

Clinton - theCOW

Hi All

I was wondering who's actually doing what in terms of fundraising thru Cycling? It's become a passion in my life to start Making a Difference to society, even if it's just to touch 1 life out there it'll be worth it! :thumbup:

I've joined the Cows this year to help CHOC - i have my own reasons as does each person here with a Fundraising venture and it's something i've become really passionate about. The likelyhood is most cyclists fundraising or trying to help others with old kit/parts etc are doing so in their free (in my case - work :blush: ) time so advertising everything in 1 place makes it easier to find?

The aim of this thread is to encourage everybody to give a little to others less fortunate then themselves, if it's not monetary, make it time, old things that you don't use and more than likely will never ever again. Possibly you have a contact for something arb, like printing banners or T-shirts for that matter, it all helps somewhere!

So these are the few i've seen over the past year :clap: :clap: :clap: :

Thumper, ReserveChick, Chucky, Mercury Storm, Daniel XT & I (that i know of) part of the-Cows

F_R_A_I_L for an Old Age Home

Couple people doing the Breast Cancer Awareness (ride in pink i think it is?)

I know Dirt*Girl was collecting old kit/parts (still happening?)

The DAD's Charity

Jolandie Rust - living her dream of cycling around Africa Solo

I'm NOT saying support me! I'm saying support who you feel comfortable with (esp your friends - prove to them they matter in your life!) and where you'd like to Make a Difference!

I realised all the money in the world cannot replace the happiness or feeling of touching another persons life! While R500 might mean a new set of pedals to some, it means a month of food for another!

To those out there Making a Difference already, YOU'RE AWESOME in my books! :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup:

Yes i'm MaD and proud of it! :D

Edited by SuperCowSonic

Guest Frail4Life

SuperCowSonic

I Thank You for your encouragement.

It is difficult Today, as you basicly need to Pay people to Post a Reply or Blog.

I live in the R3000 a month catergary but rather spend all my extra money and time trying to Help others.

Yes that means I sometimes suffer, go whithout things. It is my choice.

I will lookout for you When I reach JHB.

Cheers

David

SuperCowSonic

I Thank You for your encouragement.

It is difficult Today, as you basicly need to Pay people to Post a Reply or Blog.

I live in the R3000 a month catergary but rather spend all my extra money and time trying to Help others.

Yes that means I sometimes suffer, go whithout things. It is my choice.

I will lookout for you When I reach JHB.

Cheers

David

Hi David

Anybody who can have a signature like yours is truely passionate about cycling :thumbup: If you put that much passion into the Fundraising i'm sure it will be a success, you definitely are proof that all you need to do is keep on keeping on! :clap: :clap:

Take Care, ride safe!

Clinton

definitely MaD and proud of it!

All the causes already mentioned are noble and worthy and deserve support. We all have our own personal reasons for helping and getting involved with a particular one. For me, being able to take something I am passionate about, riding my bike, and through that being able to touch lives, is awesome :D

Remember that every little bit of support, be in the form of money, time or other, makes a HUGE difference :)

I rode the argus for CHOC :) And riding the 94.7 for Sign- Up :clap:

also got a few items of clothing from the hotel for charity just waiting for the rest :)