CSA this is what we want

Tankman

There has been a lot of bitching and moaning over CSA, license fees and all the rest.

Why dont we tell CSA what we want for our R75 membersip fees + R350 license fees.

Ill start:

1. A nationalized seeding system

You get issued a number at the beginning of the year and can use it in any races.

If an event organizer wants you to wear there number it is their responsibility to make sure you get that number.

I dont mind collecting it at the morning of the race but this crap of driving to Cycle Lab (why CL each time I wonder?) a couple of days before a race, is just a waste of time and money

When we have a nationalized seeding system - we can start eliminating our second biggest gripe - PPA

We currently only belong to PPA to get their seeding or to race in the League.

With a nationalized system, this will open the field for some competition, because we currently have no choice. There are other event organizers doing a pretty good job.

Just a thought - feel free to add yours

Edited by Tankman

Since we bitch and moan a lot about what CSA are doing wrong, how about telling them what we want.

Ill start

What did you want from them? Youve gotta be first :)

Also - how about communication as to what exactly the plan is and why certain decisions are taken?

We all have email (and you have our addresses) - talk to us!

CSA National seeding coming out on 1 November 2010 they said.......

But I read in the current new PDF the following:

"For 2012 CyclingSA will be able to seed riders into a strength to strength group in advance. Results of the 2011 season will be used."

So maybe they are NOT going to do the 2011 seeding thing....... <_<

Ja, R350 for a license that will only get you on the start line of SA Champs is a rip off... Why not have one license one price for everyone... easy to control and more income for CSA.

See there they go again, why not use the existing results? Why does everything have to be dragged out?

Can someone please tell me.

Has CSA taken over PPA or has PPA taken over CSA :unsure:

Why are PPA even mentioned as part of the licensing options on the CSA webpage. They are discriminating against my club by not mentioning them as well :) :D

2. If you CSA are wanting to get our standards up to European cycling with all the proposed changes - we want to race European distances. We want You to sort it out - not a club or an event organizer - YOU - even if you only enforce such rules to ensure these distances are worked into the calendar.

If they want riders up to international standards then put them on a plane to go live and race in europe... racing in SA is not going to help.

Look at Robbie, John-lee and Daryl. They would not be the riders they are if they lived in SA.

then they are going to ask more than R75 per year!

We can at least try to simulate the distances to get riders used to it.

No point in racing 80km or in our books a long distance event of 120km when 160km is a funride for the rest of the cycling world!

I agree. I think the new regs are rediculous. R425(R350+R75) is absurd. Cost less for your drivers license every 5 years. What do we get for that kind of money??? Surely a Data base cost less than all the riders in the country x R425?? All this plus the estimated R400 club membership fees we have to pay. My wife has just started cycling and does a couple of races a month she is screwed as she will never get the benefits of the R350 but will end up paying more in day licenses. Talk about having the interests of the average rider at heart NOT!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

2. If you CSA are wanting to get our standards up to European cycling with all the proposed changes - we want to race European distances. We want You to sort it out - not a club or an event organizer - YOU - even if you only enforce such rules to ensure these distances are worked into the calendar.

I agree.

They should do most of the development in the Elite category. Make the Elites (and that is anyone who thinks they can keep up or wants to race with them and not those new regulations with teams rubbish) race 150km plus distance. Start them later like in European/International races. But keep the rest mostly how it currently is. Leave the vets categories as they are for the riders who want a slightly more serious racing structure as well as the open categories. Why not even make an open category at SA champs? The more categories you have the more competitions for various riders and each rider can find where they like and are able to race. Changing the various categories is not going to develop cycling to International levels, bringing racing more in line with International races in terms of difficulty and distance is going to develop SA pro ranks.

My wife has just started cycling and does a couple of races a month she is screwed as she will never get the benefits of the R350 but will end up paying more in day licenses. Talk about having the interests of the average rider at heart NOT!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

All she has to pay is R75 for the year for as many races as she likes - very reasonable I would say!!

I want...

A licence fee of R300 that gets me 1 number to use the whole year as race cat rider.

R150 for a CSA timing chip to be used at all CSA sanctioned events

Race cat 1 open to riders of all age cats (all races over 140km)

Race cat 2 open to riders of all age cats (your typical 100km races)

Race cat 3 open to riders of all age cats (your typical 100km races)

Race cat 4 open to riders of all age cats (your typical 100km races)

Race cat 5 open to riders of all age cats (your typical 100km races)

Race cat 0 open to riders Under 16 (all races less than 90km)

These are the only cats awarded prize money. There is a seeding criteria run by CSA, which determines which race cat i initially fall under. The first 20 places in every CSA sanctioned race get points. You need to reach a certain number of points to move up a cat. As soon as you hit that amount of points you must move up, unless you are a Cat 2 racer 30 years or older... then the move to Cat 1 is optional.

Everyone that does not want to be in a race cat...

A License fee of R250 that gets them 1 race number to use the whole year as an open seeded rider

R150 for a CSA timing chip to be used at all CSA sanctioned events

Groups as they have always been...

Tandems

A Bunch

B Bunch

C Bunch

etc.

When a riders seeding reaches race cat level 5 they can move into that race cat for the very next race.