Help please: Four Passes

Myra

I'd like to do Four Passes this weekend but am concerned about the stretch from between the R44 and Sir Lowry's.

Can one cycle all the way on the N2 from where the R44 crosses the N2? Or is it better to go through Somerset West or Strand/Gordon's Bay?

Would really appreciate some help.

Thank you.

[i did a search but couldn't find anything :( ]

there is a way from stellies, through gordons bay mountain village or something it's called. pops you out just at the base of Sir lowrys opp the gordons bay turnoff from the n2.

I dont know it well, but try google earth.

I'd like to do Four Passes this weekend but am concerned about the stretch from between the R44 and Sir Lowry's.

Can one cycle all the way on the N2 from where the R44 crosses the N2? Or is it better to go through Somerset West or Strand/Gordon's Bay?

Would really appreciate some help.

Thank you.

[i did a search but couldn't find anything :( ]

PM fandacious. If memory serves me right, he's the oke who normaly organises this ride. He'll point you in the right direction.

You can go on the N2 no issue, we normally do it quite early so not a lot of traffic

Or you can go straight up Sir Lowries Road.

From Stellenbosh at the Lord Charles Robots, turn Left into Main Road

Keep in main road all the way through town.

At Vergelegen Medi Clinic robots - keep left

This is Sir Lowries Road.

Continue with this road all the way until you reach the N2

You would have to cross over the rail way in Sir Lowries Village and then climb over the barrier at the top, onto the N2

I did this ride for the first time this morning.

Awesome weather!

Flipping shattered now though and am not filled with confidence for the DC...

pleasure! how did your ride go?

Didn't happen. :( Circumstances conspired against me, but now I have all the info and there are lots of weekends coming up, so its only a matter of time. :)

We did the four passes this past weekend, 12 of us, you need to get over sir lowries by 7am the latest (otherwise the ytraffic will get you) we hit rain leaving stellies and it only stopped after Grabouw, it was a fantastic route but I wouldn't suggest the N2 section alone

Traffic is not that bad, nice wide yellow lane to ride in all the way to Grabouw, we have actually gone as far as the Hermanus turnoff.

We will also be on the route, starting from Durbanville at 05H00. Distance should be close to 200k's, wonder if I will make it....

Four passes = 184km + wind + rain + a bit of sunshine. Went to a wedding afterwards and for some reason struggled on the dance floor to perform the Funky Chicken at my usual high standard. :D