Avg speed for me - 23.2

Ascent 1035m

Let's go ride today - the leaves are not dancing so much. :blush:

Stats from the ride:

83 kms

Avg speed for me - 23.2

Ascent 1035m

Let's go ride today - the leaves are not dancing so much. :blush:

Yeah, should have ridden today..... see! it was because of the word 'Argus' in the title :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next ride will be called "Tour de Peninsula" as MariusL suggested. Then we won't have a wind issue (unless someone suffers from flatulance :P )

Planning to ride in Majik, a bit later this arfie.

The extra 3hrs I got sleep yesterday was so worth it :clap: .... Sick baby keeping you up :thumbdown: , not all that great, but worth the time spent with her....

See you guys in the new year, will definitely be joining the next ride.... Keep me posted... :thumbup:

You guys should have waited 24 hours.

I had a great ride this morning, with my usual training partner. We parked at Newport Deli and rode over Llandudno, Constantia Nek, Ou Kaaps, Chappies, Suikerbossie and back to Newport Deli for brekkie.

There was some wind along the coast, but not unbearable and puh-lenty peeps out on their bikes.

Note to denizens of the Atlantic seaboard: smile and wave boys, smile and wave. It'll hurt at first, but your muscles will soon loosen up.

We rerouted for safety reasons and avoided Smitswinkel/Cape Point.

:thumbup: Makes for a great training opportunity. Nothing wrong with Smits when the wind blows mate, give it a try. Me and a friend did the Cape Cobra yesterday as a team time trial. It was character building.

Niklas, was good meeting you too. Would have loved to be able to have done the whole route, but there is always next year.

My stats :

90.8 km (turned around to come look for you guys at Westlake)

160 avg HR

183 mx HR

23.6 km/h avg

3:51 riding time ( :unsure: )

1250 ascent ( :unsure: )

Edited by Wannabe

:thumbup: Makes for a great training opportunity. Nothing wrong with Smits when the wind blows mate, give it a try. Me and a friend did the Cape Cobra yesterday as a team time trial. It was character building.

That's amazing, Luke... Well done, man.

Safety comes first for me. :rolleyes:

Sheer riding pleasure a close second... :)

Edited by AirBender

Apologies, I couldn't make it; had vehicle remote alarm issues (bakkie went in for a service last week !!!). Saw MariusL on a training ride yesterday and told him I realised I only had Tankman's tel.no.(he wasn't riding) and no one elses'. Couldn't phone to say I was going to be late. Got the car going by about 05h30.

Big up to those that hang'd in there.

Those were perfect conditions for simulating Argus Race Day for the last two years! :lol:

Was not keen on that!

Those were perfect conditions for simulating Argus Race Day for the last two years! :lol:

Was not keen on that!

Ja, the weather is hanging in there with the full-blown simulation for anyone that missed out on Saturday.. :P

Apologies, I couldn't make it; had vehicle remote alarm issues (bakkie went in for a service last week !!!). Saw MariusL on a training ride yesterday and told him I realised I only had Tankman's tel.no.(he wasn't riding) and no one elses'. Couldn't phone to say I was going to be late. Got the car going by about 05h30.

Big up to those that hang'd in there.

Looking forward to riding with you on another time, K.

:thumbup:

here's the survivors of the 'windy' training ride at the top of Chappies...

Niklasvm, Wannabe, AirBender, SirK... MariusL was the camera man...

post-9875-0-09231900-1292570359.jpg

here's the survivors of the 'windy' training ride at the top of Chappies...

Niklasvm, Wannabe, AirBender, SirK... MariusL was the camera man...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: